Thread: More harm then good?

Fallon

Default More harm then good?

Since I have to wait on an MRI next week before I get my left nostril repierced, I have sometimes been wearing a clip-on nose hoop with a spring that looks real. It is very difficult to take on and off and leaves a mark/dent. Plus it's less comfortable than the real thing. I'm feeling impatient with having a nose ring again but I'm thinking that unless I want the guy to see the mark and refuse to pierce me (he's turned me down before after I'd tried to repierce at home with a safety pin when high at 2AM) that I will want to leave my nose be and let the mark fade before I go in next week. I feel like the fake nose ring does more harm than good to my skin. What do you guys think?

Stop using it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Fallon

If I think I might be allergic to titanium/steel (I get bumps) and I've had luck with gold, should I invest in a white gold ring when I get my nose redone next week instead of the titanium? Also I saw you say your shouldn't pierce through scar tissue? Is it really a big deal. I specifically want a left nostril piercing again and I have a couple scars there from old ones and the place I want it is right smack in the middle of 2 scars. It would sit too low or too high if I didn't put it in that range.

Most piercings will get bumps at some point for a number of reasons. Titanium allergies are extremely rare, hence why it's most commonly used for piercings. Most allergies are due to the nickel content of the metal, which Ti doesn't contain so personally I'd stick with it.

Your piercer will be able to asses the area better than us.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.