Not sure how to describe this so I'll wing it;

I have two hch piercings. They were well healed when the piercing jewelry was switched to rings. The rings go around the shaft. However, the top ring on the left-hand side of the piercing is sore has hell, has been for well over a month now. I thought it might be because the rings flip up on their own when not 'in use'. So I emailed to ask the piercer if he could attach a chain linking the ends as I'm pretty sure it wouldn't flip up if linked; he said I could do it myself. Since I can't take out/put in the jewelry (which was how the new rings were put in - he did it, used to have piercing bars in previously that turned out to be a hair too short diameter wise). He already knows I'm visually impaired, though I can't remember if I said anything about the neuropathy which makes fiddly finger-work difficult at best. Point being, he didn't seem inclined to help.

So the left top pierced area of the first ring hurts like hell. I've been putting antibacterial ointment on it in an effort to make sure it isn't infected (as I can't actually see it, let alone take a viewable picture) but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I wanted to keep the rings but since I can't get it to not shift so much (and I can't get smaller rings for a similar encircled look, I'm at least an inch in diameter during arousal) what jewelry is likely to not, well, hurt? Most piercing jewelry is supposed to be 'downsized' but my diameter at arousal was larger than the damn original piercing jewelry and the bars had a definite pinched feeling, looking back on it now. It's one reason I thought rings would be better and while one of them seems to be fine the other really ....isn't. And I'm worried about bars because of length of the bars possibly twisting bits when I walk and the general soreness of them when I had it, and possibly screwing up the piercing itself. Turns out said clit goes down and to the left when walking, which I only found out because I bought a crown end for the glans piercing and the damn thing keeps stabbing me in a particular spot. I really don't want bars getting ripped, length/size might've been part of why the bars were sore after they'd healed despite them not actually being long enough during arousal. (there was no room between the ball-end and the piercing hole on either side - I mean No Room)

I think that'd leave me with the option of tiny rings- except I dunno how that would work considering I grow and I kinda thought they'd look ridiculous with my anatomy. Considering both sexes have shaft piercings, albeit with slightly different skin(?) there's got to be some sort of happy medium. If anyone knows how to work around visible size shifting with jewelry ideas would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking at ladder-for-men info but they don't have labia, obvs, that jewelry can mess with. For the record, such as it is, the actual clit isn't tucked away - that's not an issue. The longer bars did hit the labia, though, and seemed to keep both shaft piercings mildly irritated before switching to the current rings. Switching to a larger ring helped immensely with the lower piercing - no pain at all there anymore. It's the higher piercing that's an issue, I'm assuming because it's near the base of the clit where the labia start.

I'd go to another piercer but the shop was highly recommended, I'd rather just go in already knowing what's likely to work. That and they've already seen me, that helps, I think. At least there'd be fewer awkward looks/questions. While there's a general "Don't worry I've seen everything' attitude I find that it's ....a bit of a false front, I think. At least one of the rings doesn't hurt, but the other on one side....ugh.

So, any ideas on how to fix the pain issue would help.