Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: horizontal clit shaft piercing - genitalia size shifts, jewelry change or what?

Question horizontal clit shaft piercing - genitalia size shifts, jewelry change or what?

Not sure how to describe this so I'll wing it;

I have two hch piercings. They were well healed when the piercing jewelry was switched to rings. The rings go around the shaft. However, the top ring on the left-hand side of the piercing is sore has hell, has been for well over a month now. I thought it might be because the rings flip up on their own when not 'in use'. So I emailed to ask the piercer if he could attach a chain linking the ends as I'm pretty sure it wouldn't flip up if linked; he said I could do it myself. Since I can't take out/put in the jewelry (which was how the new rings were put in - he did it, used to have piercing bars in previously that turned out to be a hair too short diameter wise). He already knows I'm visually impaired, though I can't remember if I said anything about the neuropathy which makes fiddly finger-work difficult at best. Point being, he didn't seem inclined to help.

So the left top pierced area of the first ring hurts like hell. I've been putting antibacterial ointment on it in an effort to make sure it isn't infected (as I can't actually see it, let alone take a viewable picture) but it doesn't seem to be helping much. I wanted to keep the rings but since I can't get it to not shift so much (and I can't get smaller rings for a similar encircled look, I'm at least an inch in diameter during arousal) what jewelry is likely to not, well, hurt? Most piercing jewelry is supposed to be 'downsized' but my diameter at arousal was larger than the damn original piercing jewelry and the bars had a definite pinched feeling, looking back on it now. It's one reason I thought rings would be better and while one of them seems to be fine the other really ....isn't. And I'm worried about bars because of length of the bars possibly twisting bits when I walk and the general soreness of them when I had it, and possibly screwing up the piercing itself. Turns out said clit goes down and to the left when walking, which I only found out because I bought a crown end for the glans piercing and the damn thing keeps stabbing me in a particular spot. I really don't want bars getting ripped, length/size might've been part of why the bars were sore after they'd healed despite them not actually being long enough during arousal. (there was no room between the ball-end and the piercing hole on either side - I mean No Room)

I think that'd leave me with the option of tiny rings- except I dunno how that would work considering I grow and I kinda thought they'd look ridiculous with my anatomy. Considering both sexes have shaft piercings, albeit with slightly different skin(?) there's got to be some sort of happy medium. If anyone knows how to work around visible size shifting with jewelry ideas would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking at ladder-for-men info but they don't have labia, obvs, that jewelry can mess with. For the record, such as it is, the actual clit isn't tucked away - that's not an issue. The longer bars did hit the labia, though, and seemed to keep both shaft piercings mildly irritated before switching to the current rings. Switching to a larger ring helped immensely with the lower piercing - no pain at all there anymore. It's the higher piercing that's an issue, I'm assuming because it's near the base of the clit where the labia start.

I'd go to another piercer but the shop was highly recommended, I'd rather just go in already knowing what's likely to work. That and they've already seen me, that helps, I think. At least there'd be fewer awkward looks/questions. While there's a general "Don't worry I've seen everything' attitude I find that it's ....a bit of a false front, I think. At least one of the rings doesn't hurt, but the other on one side....ugh.

So, any ideas on how to fix the pain issue would help.

Ack, to be clear, the rings are actually horseshoes, circular with bead ends.

PLEASE please see another piercer to make sure the top one isn't botched. It should not be hurting like that.

Also the title says they're shaft piercings but your post says that they are hood piercings. I'm a bit confused.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Agreed that you need to visit another, more professional piercer ASAP. Which area are you in so members can advise a reputable professional locally?

I'm in Philadelphia. It's a very respectable shop and the piercers were rather good. I did try to explain after I realized there were issues. I think I'd have similar issues no matter the shop I went to though.

@Hazel,

I'd post an image but it's against board rules. I've a rather large clit, I was referring to the shaft bit that isn't inside my body, as the clitoral shaft wraps around the vaginal canal (unless I've got my anatomical knowledge misplaced, but I don't believe I do). I've been under the impression most people have something 'pearlesque' sized for the glans, and when there's a locatable shaft outside the body it's often hard to distinguish because they have hoods covering all or most of shaft + glans. Mine hood, such as it is, isn't particularly loose though does turn into the labia minora. I was assured I had enough to pierce for a few hch's, but eh. Size-wise it's between 2 and three inches, I think, and there's no hood cover to speak of that 'bulks it out' so the whole thing is pretty easily recognizable/doesn't look like a bit of blanket edge tucked between labia.

If you google large clit you'll get the gist via images - although I'm pretty sure several of those are fake going by sheer statistical probability and in a couple cases, really bad photoshop. Sad when the visually impaired can spot bad photoshop.

I don't know that I explained it to the piercing studio well, however. Worried if I go to another shop it's going to be as awkward as it was the last time. Last time it was apparently a bit larger than when it was pierced and he pointed it out, and it's bloody awkward to have to respond with "Well, there's no needles hovering at my bits this time so I'm considerably less nervous, not to mention considerably less cold-feeling." I disliked being put on the spot explaining size differences in a situation I considered obvious, particularly when I know the horseshoes diameter is clearly bigger than the clit size at the time. Talk about an awkward feeling. And a slightly worrisome one, having someone assume my genitalia doesn't respond similar to everyone else's via temperature and anxiety reactions.

I think if it pierced the actual shaft I would've noticed, the glans piercing hurt a hell of a lot more than the hch's, tho they certainly weren't painless. Besides, it's one of the top studios in the Philly area. I was hoping someone had similarly large anatomy and answers on what to do for similar piercing issues.
    Last edited by MimusCabaret; 11-08-2016 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MimusCabaret View Post
    The rings go around the shaft.
    Hi MimusCabaret, I'm having trouble understanding where your piercing is too. Is it in front of the shaft (like an HCH) or behind it (like a deep hood or triangle)?

If you can't see it yourself I would definitely recommend finding a piercer who you're comfortable with to have a look. That way at least you can rule out incorrect piercing or infection.

Edit: Could there be crusties caught inside the piercing? That happened to me once and it was sooo painful!
    Last edited by potato-woman; 11-08-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Quote Originally Posted by potato-woman View Post
    Hi MimusCabaret, I'm having trouble understanding where your piercing is too. Is it in front of the shaft (like an HCH) or behind it (like a deep hood or triangle)?

If you can't see it yourself I would definitely recommend finding a piercer who you're comfortable with to have a look. That way at least you can rule out incorrect piercing or infection.

Edit: Could there be crusties caught inside the piercing? That happened to me once and it was sooo painful!

There's 2 horizontal piercings. One is nearer the base, the other is nearer the glans. Both pierced through the top skin. the rings are wide so they fit around the shaft when flipped down. My issue is they keep flipping up and they seem to twist when they do cuz I'm walking/moving/sitting down. if I got smaller rings they wouldn't fit around and I'm afraid the jewelry would embed. Maybe on the crusties? But it's been months, I'd think it should've been gone by now considering I shower regularly?

I'm waiting to see if they'll let me order jewelry, maybe that'll fix the movement issue. I'm about 70 odd percent sure it will. If they let me order jewelry than the piercing can be checked when I go in to switch it out. If they tell me I can attach chains myself again I'm going somewhere else and see if I can order specific jewelry that has permanent hooks for claps there. It's not like the jewelry size isn't big enough to accommodate a couple hooks so I can fix the chain length myself without having to remove the horseshoes. I mean, a generic necklace has a place to hook the clasp, and the ball end + jewelry stem are both thicker than a generic necklace. Though if it's a production issue I'd rather be told that's the problem so I can see if another shop will add the chains the hard way.

You're more than welcome to post a link to a photo.

I think this chain idea is terrible personally. If the piercings have been done correctly then it sounds like you should have had custom or custom bent jewellery ordered/made for your anatomy.

I still maintain what I and everyone else is saying. You need to see someone else. Have a look on the APP site for some ideas.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    You're more than welcome to post a link to a photo.

I think this chain idea is terrible personally. If the piercings have been done correctly then it sounds like you should have had custom or custom bent jewellery ordered/made for your anatomy.

I still maintain what I and everyone else is saying. You need to see someone else. Have a look on the APP site for some ideas.
    It didn't occur to me that I'd need custom jewelry until the horseshoes had issues, I kind've thought you were left with bending it yourself. I did ask for suggestions way back when I volunteered the chain idea, blah blah blah, didn't receive any and all the jewelry sites I checked have the usual barbell/horseshoe/ring to work with. I thought one horseshoe was much like another and looking for images with helpful jewelry is difficult. Link is below - the shoes themselves are just under the actual girth size, the image is my general size. There's another image showing the size difference from the other end of the scale, minus the hch piercings. But there's fingers there for comparison? Idk, I'm having a bastard of a time trying to conceptualize jewelry that would work.

I need to switch the crown end, but that's my own damn fault. Apparently a 4mm crown looks ridiculous, besides that the end keeps stabbing me. I was going for 'wearing a jaunty hat' look and it ....didn't work out. He was nice enough to take and send a pic so I could blow it up at home, see the end result. I'm going to wait and see what the reply is, if any. I'm hoping it's just really bad cross communication and that it's easily fixed. If it doesn't clear up I'll ask someone else, there's all of South st to go through.

http://mimuscabaret.imgur.com/all/

The link isn't public and I'll emphasise again that you seriously need to visit another, more reputable piercer, ASAP, as this situation sounds ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast