Thread: Industrial Piercing

Default Industrial Piercing

I'd like to get an industrial soon and I have some questions first. I know the general rule of thumb for piercings is no more than 3 at a time, so would an industrial piercing technically count as 2 piercings, since there are 2 holes? Also, would it be alright to get an industrial pierced with at 18g, and if I were to get it pierced at 14g/16g, would there be any risk of shrinking it down to an 18g? I know that smaller piercings are more at risk for migration so I thought I'd ask. I've heard they can be a bugger to heal, so if anyone has any tips on healing, I'd love to hear them!

Yeah it's usually classed as 2. 18g is too thin to be pierced with, you want 16g at least. Once it's healed you could downsize to 18g but it's not recommended. My main tip is be prepared for a long healing period 6-12 months at least, less if you're very lucky.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Fallon

I might get an industrial someday but I heard it takes a year to heal.

I want to get an industrial too.

I've always wanted an industrial too! I'm just worried in case it gets bumps!

I got my industrial on Wednesday! I'm only a few days in but it's been wonderful so far. I'm definitely expecting it to act up in the future though because I've heard these are awful to heal. It's actually doing better than my double helix was at this stage though, surprisingly. For bumps, SSS plus chamomile works wonders for me.

I know the standard size is 16g but you may ask ur piercer about the size if he recommends it or not. I have an industrial piercing and ive also got it repierced due to migration. If you can clean it consistently and avoid getting caught in ur hair then youd be just fine. I was careless and man, Its just a pain in the ass but its my favourite piercing out of all the ones i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Irchili View Post
    I know the standard size is 16g but you may ask ur piercer about the size if he recommends it or not. I have an industrial piercing and ive also got it repierced due to migration. If you can clean it consistently and avoid getting caught in ur hair then youd be just fine. I was careless and man, Its just a pain in the ass but its my favourite piercing out of all the ones i have.
    No good piercer would do an industrial at 18g.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<