Thread: Lots of bad luck. Bridge piercing needs saving.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lots of bad luck. Bridge piercing needs saving.

All of my piercings are pretty much failing despite whatever I do.
    My philtrum is gone, my septum was messed up by a piercer, my industrial has bumps and now my bridge piercing is playing up.
    I had my bridge for 6 months and everything was going super well until 2 weeks ago when a large red bump appeared out of nowhere on one of my holes and it is really making me depressed. This is especially bothersome because my bridge piercing is by far my most favourite of them all and it would be a huge shame to take it out.
    My theory is that maybe I bumped it whilst asleep. So everyday I have been doing sea salt soaks, rinsing it in the shower and leaving it alone with no change these past 2 weeks. I have Titanium well fitted jewellery in it as well so I doubt that it is from metal sensitivity.
    Can bridge piercing bumps go away or would I need to get it re pierced? Is there anything else I can do to get rid of the bumps? can I use tea tree oil? sea salt paste?

I had a big bump on my bridge for months. I just waited and tried not to bother it at all and eventually it went away. So they definitedy can go. Not sure I'd want to use tea tree so close to my eyes! Perhaps someone else has an idea how to get rid of them in a bit less time than it took me!

Edit: Just thought, was the piercing done well? I specifically asked for mine to be lower than where the piercer thought was the optimum placement so that might've been why mine got irritated.
    Last edited by potato-woman; 11-02-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Oh good to hear that they can go away I really hope that mine does as well because like I've said it is my most favourite piercing and it looked like those types of bumps which stay there forever. My bridge was defiantly placed properly with a straight barbell so I don't think it is caused by that. I must've bumped it in my sleep as I usually sleep on my belly.
    How long did yours take to heal out of curiosity?

That's something I always forget to keep track of. It was pierced in Feb 2014 and I definitely had my bump in July that year and for some time after. Since then I'm not sure but it's been fine for a while now.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus

It's probably nothing to worry about - I've had the occasional well healed piercing throw a wobbly. Just keep it clean and LITHA.

Given that you've had other problems - are you taking care of your health generally? I think that when you are not 100% well then piercings are the first things to react - for instance, I usually have sore tongue piercings just before I get a cold.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

My health is fine. The other problems are due to the piercers fault. For instance, i went to a reputable piercer to get my septum stretched to 14g and he said that it was ready at 4 months old. But, he stretched it incorrectly by shoving the bullet wihtout lubrication, straight into my septum. This was in July and 1 week ago i took it out because it was still very sore even after downsizing. I will keep doing litha and ss and hopefully the bump will go away or at least decrease. If after a couple of months it is still their will no improvement then i will get it re-done.

Fallon

Go to a better piercer omg!

Just an update. The bump on my bridge is slowly but, surely going away which is great! My main concern was that this bump would never go away because in London I have seen a couple of people who had red bumps on their bridge piercings and I did not want mine to look like that. I wanted it to be photo perfect Since I worked so hard for 6 months to look after my piercing it was quite a big shock to see the large bump appear however, now I'm just glad that it's going away.

Glad to hear it's getting better!

Well done on getting it to settle down