Thread: Shiny new tongue

Default Shiny new tongue

Hey all! So I finally bit the bullet in Wednesday and got my tongue pierced!! I've always wanted it done but with my old job I was never allowed anything other than a single lobe! Anyway, the whole experience was great, didn't hurt in the slightest and haven't experienced any pain, just a mild discomfort in the tip...almost like when you've burnt your tongue on hot food!

The only thing I'm struggling with is eating! I LOVE my food so for me this is torture hehe. I've managed to move onto pasta and sandwiches which is filling me up more than soup and ice cream was. My question is, after its healed and I downsize the bar will I be able to eat normally again? At the moment (obviously only 4 days after piercing) I'm chewing very slowly and carefully. The swelling has decreased a lot today but I have what looks like a little ulcer (could be a piece of skin) right where the bar is on the top of my tongue..is this normal?

TIA

You will be able to eat normally once it's all settled and have a smaller bar in it.
    As for the ulcer.. Is it white? If so then it can also be a piece of slightly hardened and dried up lymph. If that is the case it's normal and should come off eventually. Can alsob e a bit of skin indeed. Isnt that uncommon to happen. If it is then your piercer should be able to help you with it. Otherwise I'm not sure what it is. You can always ask your piercer when in doubt!
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Thanks! Yep it's white and right at the opening where the bar goes through, going back for a bar change next weekend so if it's still there I'll ask the piercer to check it out thanks again

I'm not sure as to what white thing you talk about since there are no pictures, but through my experience I had a lot of lymph leaking through the hole (which has this white-ish color), which is totally normal!

My swelling went down probably on the 6th or 7th day if I'm not mistaken; I had my jewelry downsized after 10 days I believe since I kept biting on the long bar. So after downsizing I definitely was able to eat pretty much anything again (:

Good luck with your new piercing!

Fallon

Good luck!

I'd love to have my tongue done but then it being able to eat puts me off! Good luck!