Thread: Healing Daith - How Do You Look At It!

Default Healing Daith - How Do You Look At It!

I'm completely new to piercings so please excuse any stupid questions. I had a bad lobe experience at 13 (gun, I need say no more) and had nothing at all from then until Wednesday when I had my lobes redone and my daith.

Ive been doing SSS for a couple of days, but none of the piercings are sore or hurting. The lobes I can see are fine, but the daith I can't actually see. I've tried taking photos and it looks ok, but I obviously can't have a good look that way.

Can I assume seeing as it isn't hurting or sore that it's healing normally? I'm tempted to go over to the
    LITHA method, but wondering whether I'm having no issues thanks to the SSS so should I continue with those once a day? I'm slightly paranoid as my original lobe piercings went so badly wrong, and I don't want that to happen again after waiting nearly 20 years to correct them

Current
    2 lobe each ear, Daith (R), Helix (R), Forward Helix (R), Tragus (L), Rook (L), Inner Conch (L)

Would like
    Still planning! My ear plan went wrong so need to have a think!

RIP
    Daith (L)
    3rd lobe both ears

It's entirely your choice tbh, no one can predict how your body will react doing it one way or the other really.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

To look at my daith I take a small makeup mirror and a small flashlight into the bathroom and line up the mirrors so I can see into my ear then shine the flashlight into my ear...it sounds like a lot but it's pretty easy to do if you have a small led flashlight lol xD As far as LITHA or SSS I think that's something you figure out what works for you as you go
    Current:
    Left ear: 2x Lobes, Industrial.
    Right ear: 2x Lobes, Forward Helix, 3x Helix, Daith.
    Navel, Tongue, Septum.

Want:
    2x Conch, 2x Lobes, Tragus, Rook, Philtrum, Nipples, Christina.

My curved barbell appears to have slipped down, when I had it done it was even top and bottom, but now I can't see any of the bar above my ear, and it seems to be hanging lower than when I first had it done. It's now four days old

Is this normal or should I be worried?

Current
    2 lobe each ear, Daith (R), Helix (R), Forward Helix (R), Tragus (L), Rook (L), Inner Conch (L)

Would like
    Still planning! My ear plan went wrong so need to have a think!

RIP
    Daith (L)
    3rd lobe both ears

Totally normal, it's just gravity.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Fallon

It's odd that they gave you a barbell. Usually I see captive bead rings in a new daith piercing.

To see my piercings which I find awkward with just a mirror, due to my eyesight, I take ear selfies with my phone! Make sure it's either good light or turn the flash on.

I do the selfies of mine also. You can get a good look in there

I second the selfies. That's pretty much the only way I can check mine out.