Thread: horrid industrial bumps

Default horrid industrial bumps

my industrial piercing is about 9 months old and i think for a few months now it has developed these really bad bleeding bumps which dont look like they are going away. especially on the top hole there is a large dark bump which hurts and bleeds if the crust it taken off (it comes off in the shower, i dont force it off. The bump is not as bad on the bottom hole.
    Should i take it out and get it re done or is it possible to save it?

It would be best to go see your piercer so they can assess you in person.

Is the jewellery made from high-quality implant grade material?
    Does the bar seem too short or too long?
    How do you care for it (if at all)?
    Do you sleep on it/hair get caught in it/does it get bumped?
    Does the angle seem ok? Does it press on any other part of the upper ear?
    Can you post a pic?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

the bar is made from Titanium but, I don't know if it is implant grade but, my body isn't really metal sensitive. The bar lengths is fine, not to short or long.
    I am currently using the LITHA method so every night I just rinse it in the shower and I never sleep on it. However, in June when I went to Thorpe Park on one of the rides I banged the piercing quite hard against the seat as the roller-coast went down. Also the angle is ok.

Sounds like a part of normal healing then. The reason we suggest high-quality, implant grade is because even someone who hasn't had an issue with metal their entire lives and can develop one. Also if something isn't high-quality it can have nicks and scratches in it that will cause irritation etc. Overall 9 months can be seen as early days for an industrial. Give it another 3-6 months and reassess.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

well i hope it might get better becauae it would be a real shame to retier it after waiting 9 months for it to heal

I'm sure it will, as before they can take a good 12+ months to heal anyway so 9 months is just part-way into the healing process.

Glad I read this as mine has a slight bump still and it's approx 5-6 month old

yeah it is annoying but, at least on of the bumps on my industrial is getting better. The one on the top hole is still there and it hurts but, it is still early days. I hope yours goes away in time and I would advise you to not go to any theme parks during the healing period because that it how these bumps appeared. I went to Thorpe Park and as the roller-coaster went down my ear with the piercing bashed against the seat.

Glad this one is getting a bit better for you! I had the same problem going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach - sooo painful!
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Fallon

Am I the only one who doesn't like amusement parks?