Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cold and flu season

It's losing L shaped studs in the tissues that annoys me. I have to make sure I use a different sort!
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    It's losing L shaped studs in the tissues that annoys me. I have to make sure I use a different sort!
    Neometal all the way!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Neometal all the way!
    I'm much too fickle for the high priced stuff in my nose- I change my nose stud as often as I change my lobe earrings! Provided it's at least sterling silver or 9ct gold it doesn't seem to mind.

I have been splashing out on Neometal for the conch though....
    Caro

I'm much too fickle for the high priced stuff in my nose- I change my nose stud as often as I change my lobe earrings! Provided it's at least sterling silver or 9ct gold it doesn't seem to mind.

I have been splashing out on Neometal for the conch though....
    You can get Neometal ends starting from around $7.50/6 online and they're SO easy to change as well, no need to even remove the post.

You're lucky with the sterling silver, make sure your skin isn't stained by the copper, once stained, there's NO way to remove it other than cutting the skin out.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

You can get Neometal ends starting from around $7.50/6 online and they're SO easy to change as well, no need to even remove the post.

You're lucky with the sterling silver, make sure your skin isn't stained by the copper, once stained, there's NO way to remove it other than cutting the skin out.
    My lobes were done 35 or so years ago now (which is a scary thought) and back then it was gold or silver. Everything else was full of nickel which my ears really didn't like. Even now I can only wear some brands of cheap costume jewellery.

Fortunately I have never had any staining - I didn't even know it was a risk until a few years ago. I guess if it was going to happen it would have done so by now! Everything I put silver in is well healed.

At the moment I am totally unable to change the neometal labret ends - can't get the end off without pulling harder than I'm prepared to as the conch isn't quite 100% healed yet. Is there a knack?
    Caro

Sounds like whoever fitted them bent the post too hard if they're difficult to get out. They only need the tiniest, slight bend to be able to get them in/out easily. They could be corrected but you risk them possibly snapping.

Yeah my earlobes are probably around 30 years old, had plenty of mystery metal in but changed to steel/ti in the 90's when piercing shops and knowledge picked up, then to implant grade in the past 6 years after even more knowledge. I'd be too worried to wear 925 and wake up to permanent staining one morning! Especially on my face :/

I'd be too worried to wear 925 and wake up to permanent staining one morning! Especially on my face :/
    Well I'll just call it another freckle It'll blend right in!

I'll get the forceps out then and give the end a good tug!! I've been eyeing up some of the custom Neometal ends but rather wincing at the prices for what is really very little gold and a lot of cz. I think I will succumb though as I have little willpower when it comes to jewellery!
    Caro

Hehe special green freckle

Yeah it's small but the skill involved in making their pieces is much much more than people realise. Plus you can't beat a lifetime warranty

Hehe special green freckle

Yeah it's small but the skill involved in making their pieces is much much more than people realise. Plus you can't beat a lifetime warranty
    Until I lose them..... I have form. I'm struggling to find neometal though at the prices you were quoting
    Caro

Until I lose them..... I have form. I'm struggling to find neometal though at the prices you were quoting
    Try BAF when they have a sale on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast