Thread: New Piercing and Alcohol

Default New Piercing and Alcohol

Hi! I recently got my industrial pierced (on tuesday) and I'm in love with it. I almost didn't bleed when I got it pierced and it sweald but it got down quickly. I doesn't hurt much, even when I touch it (which I try not to do). I already had mi helix done in my other ear and it was kind of a pain (I got it more that a year ago and it still causes me problems, it hasn't get infected or anything like that but I had a few bumps on it that come and go and it bleeds when it gets pulled with my hair).
    Anyway, I have a big event this friday (3 days after getting it done) and I was wondering if drinking alcohol and smoking normal cigarets would significantly affect the healing process? It's not like I'm a heavy drinker (or smoker) but this friday is an special occation. I would like to know your opinion on the matter, could I drink? What do you guys recommend?

I've never smoked (the one vice I never picked up) but I drank my normal levels of alcohol afterwards without a break. The risk is really that if you drink a lot then you may become a little careless and bang or knock your new piercing which could well upset the healing process.
    Caro

As above really, it won't have any significant effect.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The alcohol and smoke itself won't do the piercing harm, at least in my experience.

Fallon

Listen to the above^

I hope your night out went well!