Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waist Training

Default Waist Training

*Disclaimer* I HAVE spoken to a GP and a nurse about this, whilst they weren't totally onboard, they said I should be ok to waist train as long as I didn't go very extreme. I have no health reasons to avoid this.

After some thought I decided this section of the forum was the best place for this. Genuine waist training or tight-lacing can be seen as an extreme modification so I guess it's best off here.

I have been considering waist training for around a year now and decided to go for it recently in preparation for my wedding. I know many brides-to-be want to lose weight, especially those who are larger but I honestly have to be in the right head space for that so if it happens that great, if not then I still love the idea of a significant waist reduction. I'm also wearing a corset and skirt instead of a dress at my wedding so why not make the look that bit more extreme?

The wedding will only be around a year away so I'm not going to see anything too extreme but that's not what I'm aiming for anyways. My corset lady is Lynn from Kiku Boutique in Manchester and she's wonderful. I've also decided she will be making my wedding outfit, yay!

I went in a couple of weeks ago and she was SO helpful, found me a basic underbust corset and gave me plenty of advice. For those interested, you cannot buy a cheap or fashion corset to waist train, I'd also advise not to buy one online, you need to be fitted by someone. Be prepared to spend well in excess of 100 for a plain underbust that will do the job.

Scary bit - I am a BIG girl, I'm a dress size 22 in the UK (18-20 for the US) however my wardrobe has clothing that ranges from 16-18 to 26. What matters with waist training is inches. My natural waist is 51" (told ya I was big!). Lynn found a 38" corset which does the job for me. Big difference right? Well the gap at the back is BIG right now but there's room for it to go in! As it's going to be under clothes it's no big deal to have the gap anyways.

This week I decided I would start, I have been wearing the corset each day for 2-3 hours at a time. I decided I was going to track my progress.

Week 0

My bf was taught by Lynn how to lace my corset and make sure it's on me properly etc and he's doing great with it. First day wearing it was a bit odd, it forces me to sit upright and pushes my boobs up somewhat, we had a giggle over it! I find it can ache a bit for the first hour but there's no pain or discomfort as such. I can't bend right down as the steel busk prevents me, I've adapted where I've needed to. Even went out Friday to a wedding open evening whilst wearing it, it felt ok and the difference is already noticeable! We did a quick measure and my waist is 45" with the corset on, that's already 7" down! I am VERY squishy though, slimmer people won't see that kind of a difference. Not to mention it's probably nipping me in higher up because of my fat/squish. So we're going off the gap at the back which we've got to 8" today (Saturday). The first week is nearly up and I think I may try going for a minimum of 3 hours daily for the next few weeks then reassess and consider increasing if I feel like it.

Any comments, questions, experiences are welcome! <3
    Last edited by Boo; 12-09-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Week 0 - Day 6

Managed 2.5 hours today.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Is this corset type training? I'm not sure of the safety but it looks really great and shows off curves really well.
    Current:
    - Left lobe x 2 - Left Outer Helix recent 1.2mm needle - Right Outer Helix recent 1.2mm needle
    - One tattoo on right shoulder/upper arm

Retired:
    - Left Outer Helix x 2 - Right Outer Helix x 2 - Nose - Nose (2nd time) - Left nipple - Chest surface - Left index finger (Accident with a stapler)

Ooooo, all sounds very interesting! I look forward to reading more
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Thanks Sam!

just to add as well, whilst I'm not actively trying to lose weight I am being conscious of intake and trying for some better habits. Speaking of which, I'm just off for a swim!

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Very excited to read all about your experiences H!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Thank you my lovely!! I'm still reading and learning lots myself.

Quote Originally Posted by matthussey View Post
    Is this corset type training? I'm not sure of the safety but it looks really great and shows off curves really well.
    Sorry Matt I seemed to have missed your post first time around. Yes, this is waist training using a bespoke steel boned underbust corset from a professional. I don't know of any other kind of real waist training tbh and it is safe if done properly.

Week1 - Only managed to train 5 days, bit frustrated with myself for skipping 2 days, one I was ill and the other I just didn't feel up to it. Need to get back on track.

Week2: Day 2

All is going well, I feel that the "seasoning" period is over now. This is the first couple of weeks where you "break-in" the corset. It seems to be moulding to me a lot more and feels softer in places. I can up the amount of hours and even consider keeping it on for naps or even sleep. That may come later though. Planning on 4 hours today which means it will come off in an hour. Feeling comfortable, a touch of aching on one side but I could just as easily attribute that to my normal backache which I had all day and got better once putting the corset on.

Putting socks on is a challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post

Putting socks on is a challenge...
    I bet it is! Following this with great interest
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    I bet it is! Following this with great interest
    Haha, I'm sure most people would find it fine but my big belly gets in the way if I try to bring one foot up on my knee when sat down. I have learned to bend differently though if I need things off the floor or low down lol!

Got to 4.5 hours and felt my left lower ribs aching, have a feeling I may have had it on a touch tight today so will be aware of that tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast