Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Waist Training

They won't really give a shape as they're usually like tubes but for the aesthetic then go for it! Just be aware in some cases you'd be able to get something custom made or that fits your measurements (rib, waist, hip, torso) perfectly for around the same price. I used to think decent corsets ran into the 100's and it's just not the case.

I have seen 20 Chinese fashion corsets sell for 200+ at stalls so just be wary.
    Last edited by Boo; 04-12-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hhmm.. I'll have to look around then. Because yeah the tubes won't really be interesting. I'll let you know if I find something though! From what I've seen online it's a good idea to avoid the bigger shops regarding. And just going for the smaller stands that make their own stuff instead of massively produced things.

And I wasn't planning on spending 200+ bucks for a fashion corset of poor quality anyway. If it's a good quality, steel boned corset then I might consider it.
    How much can I expect decent corsets to run for then? So I have an idea when to look out for something that's probably bad quality or faulty because it's underpriced or when I might be ripped off.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Yeah I've seen the "hand made" sellers resell Chinese tubes as well so be careful, sometimes they add some embellishments so they can call them "hand-made".

A decent budget OTR corset can be bought for around $70-$100 (USD). Customs will start from around $200 for basic but effective waist trainers (custom meaning they will take your measurements and make a corset using one of their own patterns to fit your vertical and horizontal measurements). Bespoke you're usually looking at starting from around $500-$700, this is where a maker will create a whole new design/pattern just for you, made to fit you with mock-ups etc.

The above will often get you a plain cotton, satin, mesh etc corset. For higher end fabrics such as silk or patterened fabrics you'll be paying more. For designs you'll be paying more. For embroidery/embellishments etc you'll be paying more.

Things to watch out for with fashion corsets or fashion corset resellers:

Not using inches to describe the size but using S/M/L etc
    Not mentioning rib/hip measurements or side/torso lengths
    Claims of weight loss or permanent changes
    Corsets looking like tubes, a corset that fits curves will look curvy when not on a body/model
    A look of confusion on the sellers face if you talk about bone type, busk type, materials, springs, lace types etc

Sadly price is NOT a factor when it comes to poor corsets. I've seen a $7 corset sell for nearly $200 through a very large reseller who claims they make the corsets. This is a BIG company who is mainly online who also attend fairs etc as their re-sellers go to them and are advised to lie etc. Also note that a lot of fashion corsets are steel boned, steel bones aren't really that pricey, especially poor or rusty ones. I've seen absolutely stunning, embellished, high quality waist training corset samples sell for $90.

I'm not painting all corset sellers at fairs or cons as evil or anything but a fair amount of them double or triple the actual value of what they are selling based on people getting their hands on something there and then.

I'd honestly hang back until you have spent a good few days/weeks reading through and self educating before going for a waist training corset. I'll be honest, I could easily fail at a stall and buy something overpriced or not right for me. I just do not know enough about material or construction etc. That's why I'll only buy from specific sellers who's background I'm aware of and business practices I know well. It's entirely up to you though!

Lucy is very experienced in corsetry, I suggest having a read of her site and looking at her YouTube channel also: https://lucycorsetry.com/
    Last edited by Boo; 04-21-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for the info hazel ^^ I have been looking at the different posts on the tightlacing society and damn.. that's a lot of info.
    And I found out that I actually have seen quite some videos from lucy already. But those were about her long hair. Have started watching her corset videos too.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

It is a lot of info but it's extremely important to understand everything so as not to damage your body or injure yourself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234