Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rook! :)

Time for an update, I think! It's been about four months since I last posted in this thread, and it's been pretty uneventful few months (piercing-wise, anyway)! The swelling has really gone down, and of late it's started to kick out a lot less lymph, which I'm taking as an encouraging sign. The jewellery moves freely in the piercing, and in terms of cleaning I rinse it in the shower daily and lube it up with emu oil now and again (this stuff is ny new favourite thing, absolutely love it).

I did have a helix piercing in this ear but I took it out, and to be honest I quite like the look of it without it.

One thing that this piercing has taught me is to have the jewellery you really want from the start, because then there's no chance of being impatient and changing it too early. I have no intention of changing this now, I absolutely love it, and in future I'm going to really think through my initial jewellery choices.
    Last edited by Livvi; 02-10-2017 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Reduced the image size.
    Right ear: Three lobes, one rook
    Left ear: Three lobes
    Other: Septum
    Retired: Helix

That looks lovely! Makes me really want a rook.
    You've convinced me to finally buy some emu oil too
    Current -
    Left ear: Triple Lobes
    Right ear: Triple Lobes, Double Helix, Daith, Double Forward Helix
    Other: Nipples, Septum, VCH

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -
    Tongue, Lip, Navel, Multiple Helixes

It looks lovely and I agree with you re initial jewellery choices. I didn't really have any other options for the double snug other than very boring curved barbels and it's still going to be 6 months or so before I can change. I don't like what I have in now but until the residual swelling goes down I won't know the final length I will need.
    Caro

It looks so much better now! I was looking at your earlier pictures and realised I had this horrible grimace on my face when I was doing it It looked like it was really painful before.

I love the bee, I want to get my conch done with the white gold version of it, never been a fan of yellow gold on myself.
    Left ear: lobes x2, helix and rook
    Right ear:
    lobes x2
    Planned:
    Inner conch and double helix on my right ear

Looks great. I'm thinking about having a rook at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyMeow View Post
    That looks lovely! Makes me really want a rook.
    You've convinced me to finally buy some emu oil too
    Thank you! I really like emu oil and have found it's been great with my rook and my septum. I'm really prone to crusties, and mine really like to stick to my jewellery and piercing holes. Rinsing my piercings in the shower isn't enough to get rid of them, and trying to clean them off with just water always ends up aggravating my piercings. I only need a little dab of emu oil and the crusties are gone, and my piercing is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    It looks lovely and I agree with you re initial jewellery choices. I didn't really have any other options for the double snug other than very boring curved barbels and it's still going to be 6 months or so before I can change. I don't like what I have in now but until the residual swelling goes down I won't know the final length I will need.
    I think the barbells look lovely in your snug piercings, I'm envious! What would you like to have in there when they're healed?

Quote Originally Posted by Betts View Post
    It looks so much better now! I was looking at your earlier pictures and realised I had this horrible grimace on my face when I was doing it It looked like it was really painful before.

I love the bee, I want to get my conch done with the white gold version of it, never been a fan of yellow gold on myself.
    I just looked back through the photos myself, and even I was cringing - it looked really awful for a while. I think I've been quite lucky with how well it's recovered.

I've seen pictures of people with the bee in their conch, and it looks really nice. The white gold bee looks lovely, you should do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jools1969 View Post
    Looks great. I'm thinking about having a rook at the moment!
    I love my rook, and after the initial swelling/oozing mine went through it's been fine. It's quite hidden away so it never really gets knocked.
    Right ear: Three lobes, one rook
    Left ear: Three lobes
    Other: Septum
    Retired: Helix

Your rook looks amazing! I love the bee accent. You're making me want one!
    Current:
    Both Ears - 3 sets of lobes (1sts stretched to 0g), tragus 18g, rooks 18g, helixes 18g
    Left Ear specific - Conch 18g
    Right Ear specific - Daith 16g
    Face - Right nostril 18g

Wish List:
    Floating navel

Retired:
    Faux snug
    Industrial
    Second right nostril
    Septum
    4th set of lobes
    5th set of lobes