Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Disappointing my parents

  1. #11
    Junior Member MissTreason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar-2017
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    13

    Default

    My cousin makes a point in tagging me in everything about how 'Tattoos and Piercings can damage your job prospects' she can possibly find.

    My mum and dad don't care though. Which is appreciated.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar-2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Since I was a kid I'd always wanted tattoos, piercings, and colored hair. Whenever I said anything my dad would laugh and say I was crazy and my mom would roll her eyes. When I was around 14 I started small and dyed streaks into my hair. For my 17th birthday I got snakebites and had dyed my hair countless times. My mom didn't care anymore but my dad always complained. When I turned 18 and left home, he told me that even though he was against it, it always looked good, like it belonged on me. I haven't gotten a tattoo yet bc I'm indecisive and poor, but we're getting there. (I think I can get him to ease up the hate by getting a tattoo for my nieces and nephews). Unless your parents are major dicks, they'll still love you, and maybe even be proud of you for being yourself. Hope things go good for you and they're accepting of your choices

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct-2016
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I knew I wanted a 'cool piercing' when I was 13 or something like that. I knew I 'couldn't' get them cause of my morbidly strict parents. It actually took my aunt's approval for me to get my mom to be convinced that I could get my first lobes.

    Fast forward 10 years and I didn't even blink an eye when I walked into a piercing parlour, signed the form (and showed them my ID because no one ever believes I'm older than 18), and got my nipples pierced.

    Who cares if your parents are 'disappointed' over what you do to your body? They don't hold any dominion over your body, the only thing they did was conceive you.

    I say fuck their invalid, illogical concerns.
    Current body mods:

    0g lobes (first) + 16g second lobes on both and third lobe on right
    triple forward helix on right
    inner conch on my right
    tragus on left
    ‒ one cartilage on my left
    ‒ both nipples

    iris flower on my right ribcage/belly area
    lyric tattoo on my left ribcage
    ‒ Pisces sign with genderfluid colourations

    Getting it done



    Planned in the "near" future
    ‒ spiderbites


    Planned in the "not-so-near" future


    seraph wings with a heart 'tramp stamp'



    Retired

    medusa

  4. #14
    Awesome Admin Hazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2010
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs
    Posts
    32,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzy View Post
    ...the only thing they did was conceive you.
    Yeah, that's all we do as parents.

    Nothing else.

    Yep.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

    Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network



  5. #15
    Senior Member dragonsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2016
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrizzy View Post

    Who cares if your parents are 'disappointed' over what you do to your body? They don't hold any dominion over your body, the only thing they did was conceive you.

    I say fuck their invalid, illogical concerns.
    Most parents are genuinely concerned that piercings and tattoos will be held against their children. They've "conceived you", fed and clothed you, been there for you when you've needed them and done things for you that are far too numerous to mention.
    Caro

  6. #16
    Senior Member Miss Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May-2015
    Location
    E Midlands
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Most parents are genuinely concerned that piercings and tattoos will be held against their children. They've "conceived you", fed and clothed you, been there for you when you've needed them and done things for you that are far too numerous to mention.
    My mum worried that my nose piercing would make it harder to get a job but times change.
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

    Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder

  7. #17
    Senior Member dragonsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2016
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fi View Post
    My mum worried that my nose piercing would make it harder to get a job but times change.
    So did mine and so did my own daughter (late teens herself at the time)!
    Caro

  8. #18
    Senior Member Miss Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May-2015
    Location
    E Midlands
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    So did mine and so did my own daughter (late teens herself at the time)!
    That's funny!
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum

    Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar-2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I work at a farm over the summer, and they are all extremely conservative. I remember that every time I'd show up with a new tattoo, one of the especially reserved gentleman would make a comment like "What's all over your back?" or "That's there forever, you know."
    At first, I let it bother me. But then I realized that both he and myself have WAY more pressing matters in life to deal with than a dove tattooed on my shoulder.

    My point is, even if your parent's never agree with the tattoos- sooner or later, it won't be a big deal anymore, and they'll hardly think about it. Give it time!

  10. #20
    Senior Member AliceinWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar-2017
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by priceje View Post
    I work at a farm over the summer, and they are all extremely conservative. I remember that every time I'd show up with a new tattoo, one of the especially reserved gentleman would make a comment like "What's all over your back?" or "That's there forever, you know."
    At first, I let it bother me. But then I realized that both he and myself have WAY more pressing matters in life to deal with than a dove tattooed on my shoulder.

    My point is, even if your parent's never agree with the tattoos- sooner or later, it won't be a big deal anymore, and they'll hardly think about it. Give it time!
    This needs a "like" button!!! Well said!!!
    ~~Piercings~~
    Nose (both sides)

    ~~Want~~
    Rook to Anti-tragus Industrial
    Septum



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •