Thread: Navel Piercing Questions

Default Navel Piercing Questions

First question, because I've gotten different answers from plenty of people. My bellybutton folds up when I sit down. I've heard that it will slow down the healing process, but that it will eventually heal. I've also heard that it won't be able to heal at all, and that it'll heal just fine. If anyone has any of their own experiences they'd like to share, that'd be great.

Also, I'm planning to lose 10-20 lbs, and I would like to know if it would effect the piercing at all. I don't plan to lose it quickly, just slow and steady.

P.s I let my inexperienced sister pierce it for me before, and she obviously didn't go through all the way. It was way smaller than a regular bellybutton piercing, but it healed just fine. It did rip out, though, because it wasn't pierced through enough layers of my skin.
    Current: Navel piercing
    Want: Tragus piercing, Nose piercing, Tongue piercing, shoulder blade tattoo
    Retired: Simple Earlobes, Cartilage Piercings

It may slow healing, it may mean you're not suited, go see a good piercer who can examine you in person.

Losing 10-20lbs shouldn't matter much.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It may slow healing, it may mean you're not suited, go see a good piercer who can examine you in person.

Losing 10-20lbs shouldn't matter much.

Thank you very much, ma'am.

I went to Magick Dragon in Gainesville, Georgia today. And the woman told me it should heal just fine. So, I paid $25 and got the piercing I've been wanting since I was 14. I'm very happy with it.

Awesome! Happy healing
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you! A couple more questions I forgot to ask my piercer that you may know.

She told me to clean it twice daily with antibacterial soap or sea salt solution or both.

For the sea salt solution, is it okay to mix it up in a cup and cover it up to use for the next time or should I just mix up a new solution each time? Should I dry it ooff with a cloth after I clean it?

For the soap, is it okay for it to be scented, because the soap I just bought has a "touch of aloe". Also, do do I have to make a permanent switch to antibacterial soap or just until the piercing is healed?

Don't use soap, that's bad advice. It may also just be better to buy some sterile saline in a can and spray it. If you really want to soak it or use your own saline then no, it has to be fresh each time, rinse with plain water after and make sure you're not putting too much salt in it.

Alternatively, just rinse it in the shower, if you absolutely have to wipe anything away gently do so with some sterile gauze or failing that gently wipe with a cotton bud.

Other than that put nothing else on it, make sure you don't sleep on it, keep waistbands away from it etc.

I got my navel pierced again last week. Washing with sea salt & goin ok. The last time I had it pierced I lost some weight & the bar was a bit loose so I changed the size & it was fine.

Hmm I would think of going to show the piercer in person so they can give you a good idea

I need to get my navel redone as the last one migrated out but now thinking of getting a double piercing.