Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should we hide our nipple rings?

Default Should we hide our nipple rings?

I keep having a dilemma with this as I don't usually wear a bra, for various reasons. Mainly because I don't really need one as I'm only quite small up top and I find them uncomfortable and restrictive.

I'm not advocating showing nipple rings off a la Rihanna and layer up for work etc and double check and check again in the mirror before I go out.

At weekends and on holiday I'm less bothered though but don't want to offend anyone or let them think I'm being an exhibitionist.

Nipple piercings are still not ultra mainstream I know, so I'm not sure whether to care more.

http://m.imgur.com/qmjGaAj
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

Should we hide them? - No. Do some people want to hide them? - Yes.

If someone is looking that closely or has an issue with it then that's their problem. You'll probably find most people won't notice and even if they do they won't say anything. It might be best to consider not giving a toss what other people think. Easier said than done for some people I know but I am way way past what other people think of my appearance now. There's so many more important things in my life to consider before that.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I do agree entirely with you Hazel.

I'll keep covering them up for work but am well at the point where I don't now give a toss the rest of the time.

Nobody has ever said anything or appeared to be staring so you're right.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

If you don't give a toss then problem solved, there's no issue!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I don't 95% of the time but there's this little niggly voice that tells me cover up. Like your mum when you wore a short skirt years ago. That little sound of tutting lol.
    Piercings:

Tattoos:

Struggled to find something cool to wear this morning to work and also keep my nip rings hidden today.

They're not massively obvious but if someone notices they do......
    Piercings:

Tattoos:

I wear a white t shirt and hope people DO notice ! Their problem if they get offended

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

if it bothers you try smaller balls... i had to go for bigger balls on mine other wise they were invisible (and kinda embedding slightly which isn't a good look) haha!
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    if it bothers you try smaller balls... i had to go for bigger balls on mine other wise they were invisible (and kinda embedding slightly which isn't a good look) haha!
    The ones I've got in are quite small and I don't really want to go any smaller.

I think it's me being conscious of them showing rather than the rest of the world noticing.

It's at work where I don't want them showing as I'm getting much less bothered the rest of the time. Less easy on hot days when you don't want lots of layers!
    Piercings:

Tattoos:

I think anyone noticing your nipple piercing would have to be paying, very, very close attention...
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast