Thread: Ball not coming off labret bar - which way should I be turning it?

Exclamation Ball not coming off labret bar - which way should I be turning it?

Hi, I have a labret in my conch and if it wasn't hard enough to change already with it being in such an awkward angle, the ball won't budge. I am trying to change it to a barbell as I am becoming agitated with labret bars causing my piercings more issues than needed, and I personally don't like the way they look/feel.

I have been trying to remove the ball on it with no luck. I have tried to create a bit of friction with tissues on each end, and I've used latex gloves too. I have given up today as my fingers are sore (ear isn't feeling too happy either) but I wondered what way I am actually supposed to be turning it to remove it. It is really stuck, no matter what way I turn it but I would rather be turning it the correct way. I have heard the main way is left to loosen it, but I have also heard that sometimes it is different. I don't want to go to a piercer unless it doesn't come off in the next week (and can't get to one until Friday anyway)

What else would you recommend to try it with and which way is the most common to undo it?

Many thanks.
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    double lobe 20g/16g, helix 16g, double auricle 16g, rook 16g.
    Right ear - double lobe 20g/16g, conch 16g, helix 16g, anti-tragus 16g.
    Naval 14g

Retired: Rook 16g (R), Helix 16g (L), outer conch 16g (R), conch 16g (R).

My DeviantArt

Anti clockwise to unscrew.

Lefty-loose
    Righty-tight

Never heard of it being different. I use flat hemostats on labrets but I know not everyone has those. Just go see your piercer, they'll remove it in no time
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Went to get it changed today and managed to get my upper conch/faux rook changed but even my piercer couldn't undo the ball on the conch. He said, for insurance reasons, he can't go messing around with it too much because he hadn't done it, and to go to the original shop and if they can't do it, come back and he can have another go. Went to the shop that did it and the piercer wasn't there, and the people in there were definitely new and didn't seem overly friendly. Will try again tomorrow and if not will just keep trying myself every few days to see if it'll come loose with perseverance. It's not urgent, but it's worrying that it just won't budge. Anyone else had issues like this? I don't care about the jewellery, it's not expensive so if there is a way for a professional to remove it but damage the jewellery I would do it.
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    Naval 14g

My DeviantArt

Sounds like the threading may have gone funny, it has happened before where it won't catch properly to unscrew, especially with cheap jewellery.

They usually have to be cut out.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

How does that process usually work/can it cause so much irritation that the piercing has to be removed?
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    Naval 14g

My DeviantArt

Get cutters, cut bar, put in new jewellery. Done. Might not be pretty but it is a last resort.