Thread: Branding / Scarification experiences?

Talking Branding / Scarification experiences?

Hi folks,

was wondering if any of you have had branding/scarification done and what your experiences were please?

Been thinking about it myself for a few years but my partner would crucify me, hehe.

Cheers
    Lee

Current Mods

Left Ear - Lobe 14mm / Right Ear - Lobe 14mm / Left eyebrow - 1.2mm / Nose - right nostril 1.2mm, septum 2mm / Smiley - 1.2mm / Frenum - 3.2mm
    A shed load of tattoos; too many to list!

Retired Mods
    Nipples - 3.2mm /
    Various lobe piercings, multiple gauges and times / Left Ear - tragus 1.2mm, conch 1.2mm, helix 1.2mm/ Right Ear - rook 1.2mm, daith 1.6mm

I know its old but no one has responded.

So i got branded about 10 years ago. I booked in. Then chickened out. I booked again and got a cold so post poned it. I booked again and finally went through with it. I drew up my design. I drew it far bigger than i wanted really but i didnt want the lines to merge which i had seen on more intricate designs. Mine is a basic shape. They cleaned and marked me. All the usual stuff. The machine came in a big metal box. They put a cuff on me to earth itif i remember rightly. I had the brand done on my ribs. I was sweating and really scared. Their apprentice filmed it for her dissitation. (Although i never seen it) i panicked and asked for something to grab on to. I was given kitchen roll. I lay almost in the foetal position on the table. He made the first mark with the cauterizing tool and the colour drained from me it hurt and i shouted ow. He said to me to ask when to stop if it gets too much. He carried on. I tried breathing through it. I made big moans and i could not help but vividly shake continously. I was glad when it was over. He then wanted to go over it to get it the same depth. This didnt hurt as much as i assume the nerves have been cut. I had some cling film taped to it and vaseline i think. He gave me 10 off i think coz i was filmed for the apprentice. I felt really pleased with myself afterwards like i was proper hardcore.

Healing
    At the time i had purple hair. The cling film had purple sweat in it lol. I used toothpaste to irritate it. I got an intrim brush and sat in the bath to soften the scabs and tried scrubbing it. It was painful and took ages for me to work the courage up to keep scrubbing it. I used tweezers to pull out the scabs. I also did this to pull the charred bits of skin off it so it didnt turn into a tattoo. I once tried lemon juice and i stomped around the kitchen swearing and the stinging went on for ages. I never did that again. I used vaseline at night for 2 or 3 days i think. Every morning i was stuck to my bedshirt. Once i was stuck to the bedsheet. I quickly jumped off the bed or pulled my shirt. It really hurt. Its true what they say about branding you never forget its there. I wore the baggyiest tshirt i could. If i was on the floor i couldnt bend using that side.

It stayed red for about a year. It raised in the odd place. It still gets irritated my clothes seams and labels as its on my ribs. It is also now completely flat and white.

I love it but i wouldnt get it done again. Perhaps mine hurt so much due to placement. I wanted cutting but i was talked out of it as apparently it would of hurt more and branding would give a better circular shape. In all honesty looking back i dont think that was good advice. Considering the nerves have been burnt there it does get irritated and it feels so different to the skin around (not on the outside, just to me) all scars are weaker skin tissue and to be honest you can feel that its weaker. It itched for over a year too. Hope this helps.
    Current:
    2 orbitals,
    2 lobes
    2 nostrils
    Septum
    1 outer labia

Semi permanent eyebrows
    1 branding
    Approx 8 hours of tattoos

Retired
    2 forward helix
    2 helix
    2 snugs
    2 anti tragus
    Tragus pierced 3 times
    Nostril pierced 6 times
    Bridge
    Septum (now repierced)
    Philtrum
    Labret
    Smiley
    Nipples both pierced twice
    1 outer labia
    Tongue
    Traditional Navel pierced twice
    Upside down navel pierced twice
    VCH pierced twice
    2 dermal anchors

Other peoples responses
    Pretty much no one likes it. Someone once said its barbaric. My friend jumped and was horrified coz she knows someone who used to self harm and hates their scars so she couldnt get her head around it. Everytime i go in hospital and if i go drs. They stop in there tracks asking me what is it and stare at it. It usually takes them a few mins to process what it is before they continue. I always play it down when asked. "Its just a design" then they usually push for more so i say "its like a tattoo but its a scar" most are happy with this explaination.
    Current:
    2 orbitals,
    2 lobes
    2 nostrils
    Septum
    1 outer labia

Semi permanent eyebrows
    1 branding

Retired
    2 forward helix
    2 helix
    2 snugs
    2 anti tragus
    Tragus pierced 3 times
    Nostril pierced 6 times
    Bridge
    Septum (now repierced)
    Philtrum
    Labret
    Smiley
    1 outer labia
    Tongue
    VCH pierced twice
    2 dermal anchors

Many people I know who have had skin cutting say it's comparable to or hurts less than a tattoo.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Yep i have heard that too. I wouldnt get branded again but i would get cutting. Im hoping wayde dunn to fo mine for me but hes taking a break.
    Current:
    2 orbitals,
    2 lobes
    2 nostrils
    Septum
    1 outer labia

Semi permanent eyebrows
    1 branding

Retired
    2 forward helix
    2 helix
    2 snugs
    2 anti tragus
    Tragus pierced 3 times
    Nostril pierced 6 times
    Bridge
    Septum (now repierced)
    Philtrum
    Labret
    Smiley
    1 outer labia
    Tongue
    VCH pierced twice
    2 dermal anchors

Wayde is fab but yeah I remember him saying around 18months ago he wasn't travelling for the forseeable future.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network