Thread: Helix bump

Default Helix bump

Hi all,

I've had my helix of my ear pierced for about 2 years now, with titanium and a suitable sized ring. No probs until the last couple of months; I've got a huge bump on both sides of the piercing now, even though I've had no trauma to it.

I've tried sea salt soaks, saline applied with a cotton bud all to no avail.

I really want to keep my piercing and get rid of these red bumps too.

Any alternative suggestions, please?

Thanks
    Lee

Current Mods

Left Ear - Lobe 14mm / Right Ear - Lobe 14mm / Left eyebrow - 1.2mm / Nose - right nostril 1.2mm, septum 2mm / Smiley - 1.2mm / Frenum - 3.2mm
    A shed load of tattoos; too many to list!

Retired Mods
    Nipples - 3.2mm /
    Various lobe piercings, multiple gauges and times / Left Ear - tragus 1.2mm, conch 1.2mm, helix 1.2mm/ Right Ear - rook 1.2mm, daith 1.6mm

Try getting a straight barbell fitted as rings/BCRs/curved barbells can turn and cause trauma without you knowing. If you know you are alright with camomile I recommend trying a camomile soak. Make it as you usually would as a tea and either hold the teabag to the piercing while warm or soak your ear in the cup. If that doesn't work a bit of tea tree oil should help, it smells strong but if you can get past that it should be okay to use, since you've had no issues before and it's not a new piercing.
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    double lobe 20g/16g, helix 16g, double auricle 16g, rook 16g.
    Right ear - double lobe 20g/16g, conch 16g, helix 16g, anti-tragus 16g.
    Naval 14g

Retired: Rook 16g (R), Helix 16g (L), outer conch 16g (R), conch 16g (R).

My DeviantArt

Ah, thank you, will try that
    Lee

Current Mods

Left Ear - Lobe 14mm / Right Ear - Lobe 14mm / Left eyebrow - 1.2mm / Nose - right nostril 1.2mm, septum 2mm / Smiley - 1.2mm / Frenum - 3.2mm
    A shed load of tattoos; too many to list!

Retired Mods
    Nipples - 3.2mm /
    Various lobe piercings, multiple gauges and times / Left Ear - tragus 1.2mm, conch 1.2mm, helix 1.2mm/ Right Ear - rook 1.2mm, daith 1.6mm