Thread: New Tragus piercing, how to clean?

Default New Tragus piercing, how to clean?

I got my Tragus pierced about a week ago. For the first day I used baby soap to clean it, then I purchased h2ocean. When using the h2ocean, my ear got extremely dry, itchy and red/raw looking. The weird thing is that it wasn't the actually piercing that got like this, but my ear lobe(where it would drop down) and my inner ear (where it would also drip.) so I don't think it actually affected my piercing negatively, but it was driving my ear crazy with the uncontrollable itchy feeling. Same thing happened with just normal non idol salt too.

so my question is, can I just use water? since salt water is not working for me, and I read that dial soap is bad for it too.. Advice? It's not infected nor red at the piercing sigh

sorry if this was posted twice, I can't tell if it went through the first time

You can just try LITHA method. Rinse it in the shower and just leave it alone

I have been doing this with my most recent piercings and it has been working great so far.

If you do ever go back to SSS, don't overdo it and make sure to rinse it with a lot of water later! And make sure the ratio sea salt + water is correct c:

Good luck!

Overdoing salt water soaks/washing it will definately dry it out. Also make sure your using non iodized Sea salt as they have the natural enzymes that are helpful for the new piercing.
    1-2 washes per day is plenty. Also make sure you do the sea salt soak BEFORE washing with soal, that way any left over salt crystals won't remain and continue to dry out the piercing.
    LITHA as sonatine suggested can also work, just make sure your keeping good hygiene!

Senior Member Piercedprincess84's Avatar

Salt water.. But not *too* much!
    ❤️ Sarah ❤️
    Pierced x39
    7 in each lobe
    1st hole stretched to 12mm, 2nd hole to 5mm
    Tragus in both ears
    Surface tragus in right
    Helix in right ear
    Helix in left ear
    Daith in right ear
    Industrial in right ear
    Conch in left ear
    Cheeks
    Bridge
    Right eyebrow x2
    left eye brow
    Septum 8g
    Snakebites
    Labret
    Angelbites
    Both nostrils and higher nostrils
    Tattooed x12
    More metal and ink planned!!
    http://Instagram.com/piercedprincess84
    http://facebook.com/piercedprincesssarah

Just rinse it in the shower, soaks are being considered more and more as not really needed for standard healing. Premade, sterile, saline with absolutely nothing added can also be great for blasting the piercing if you feel the need for it.

I personally rinse in the shower and use emu oil on anything that's crusting. Occasionally I'll use Stericleanse to give them a good blast.

I've not done soaks for years now and don't feel my healing is any worse off without them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<