Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nerves!

Default Nerves!

I had my lobes pierced 6 years ago and haven't had any piercings since.
    i really want my nose pierced, I've been 3 times and chickened out every time!
    the main issue is I don't know what I'm scared of! The piercer is lovely, I don't care about pain, the on,y thing I can think of is I'm subconsciously worried about fainting as I fainted last year during a blood test.
    any advice on overcoming these nerves?
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe

Make sure you eat something before you go in and remember to breath during the process and you'll be fine. Also tell the piercer you are afraid of fainting (they'll have heard it before).
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Make sure you eat something before you go in and remember to breath during the process and you'll be fine. Also tell the piercer you are afraid of fainting (they'll have heard it before).
    I couldn't even get in the shop this time, even though it's something I really want done, I'm wondering if I should get my second lobes or helix done first, i might find it easier to go for an ear piercing as it's something I've done before
    left side
    1 x lobe

right side

​1x lobe

planned

right nostril
    left helix
    right second lobe

I feel for you, I am exactly the same when it comes to blood tests because I passed out during my first one. I find it helps if I drink plenty of water and have a little something to eat, even if it is just a banana. If possible, if there is a fan available I think that also helps as it keeps you cool. And since I am so talkative I find that that helps too as you can be so busy talking that you are more focused on what you are saying/talking about rather than sitting in dead silence bracing yourself for the pain. I would also say lying down helps but I guess depending on what you are having pierced lying down might not be possible. Good luck!

Senior Member Piercedprincess84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    This! I've a phobia of needles believe it or not but I'm fine when it comes to piercings.. Good luck and remember.. Most are over quickly ☺️
    ❤️ Sarah ❤️
    Pierced x39
    7 in each lobe
    1st hole stretched to 12mm, 2nd hole to 5mm
    Tragus in both ears
    Surface tragus in right
    Helix in right ear
    Helix in left ear
    Daith in right ear
    Industrial in right ear
    Conch in left ear
    Cheeks
    Bridge
    Right eyebrow x2
    left eye brow
    Septum 8g
    Snakebites
    Labret
    Angelbites
    Both nostrils and higher nostrils
    Tattooed x12
    More metal and ink planned!!
    http://Instagram.com/piercedprincess84
    http://facebook.com/piercedprincesssarah

Try bringing a friend

I went with my friends and they held me when I was very worried.

Eat before hand, and remember the pain will only last a few seconds! I always tell myself that 8 hours from now, you are laying in bed or doing something else, so just do it and you'll be happy

When I had my first piercing done (my industrial) I had the same problem. Make sure you eat first and if you tell the piercer that your worried you might faint they should let you lie down. Don't look when your being pierced and if you feel a little dizzy afterwards stay laying down/sitting until your ready.

plenty of rest + food + knowing what to expect and realizing the pain is just for a split second and itll be over before you know it...thats how I did it and it worked

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast