Thread: Irritated or Infected?

Default Irritated or Infected?

• I got all my piercings a year ago in December. My labret never really healed it always been kind of purple/red on the outside and red/white on the inside of my mouth. I use a sterile saline solution fromthat you can find at drug emporium/Walgreens/Walmart. My nose healed very well.

• A couple of weeks ago it started to hurt and got kinda swollen, I thought it was infected, got antibiotics, and it started to look more like a pimple was growing and then it went away.

• Recently I've started doing the sea salt and water thing with alcohol free mouth wash but I'm not seeing any improvement.

My Question:
    1)Should I go to the doctor again or wait and see what happens?
    1a)I've also thought that maybe I should get a longer labret but I don't know what to do about my tongue.
    2)also I was hoping to get a smiley piercing but now I'm thinking I should wait?

image upload no limitfree picture upload

imgurl
    Last edited by trespiercings; 07-01-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    piercings: lip, nose, tongue

The main issue is likely to be the low quality jewellery you are wearing. Find an APP registered piercer in your area and get them to fit you with high-quality implant grade titanium.

Signs of infection: extremely painful (deep throbbing aching), excessive swelling, hot to touch, bleeding or dark green/brown smelly pus, excessive redness or red streaking flaring out from the piercing site, generally feeling unwell.

I doubt you have any kind of infection.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<