Thread: Should I retire this scaffold?

Default Should I retire this scaffold?

Hi All

pretty sure I know the answer to this but just wanted a few opinions first.

i got a scaffold done about 4 months ago now. Was done with bioflex but it wasn't long enough initially which made me feel like my head was going to explode! Pierced then cut the bar in half so I had 2 bars in until it all settled down enough to have the bar redone.

Ive had the bar in for about 4 weeks or so now and although it's not healed, it's not really given me any problems, until I realised yesterday that what I thought was just a crusty bit over the bottom hole, I'm pretty sure my skin is growing over the bar :(

i suspect my my only option now will be to retire this as its too shallow and will only get worse, not better... Right?

i won't be too gutted, just want to make sure I do the right thing...

Here's a pic:

The hole on the left does seem very shallow. However, I am not experienced with industrials.
    (◕‿◕) hi im viv (◕‿◕)

Current: 4 lobe, triple forward helix, tragus, helix, tongue, belly button, nose
    Retired: nose, tongue, flat
    Want(!): redo my flat piercing, VCH, inverse belly button, helix

Currently working on giant back piece ~ pics when I finish

It's botched, take it out and never go to that piercer again.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's botched, take it out and never go to that piercer again.
    yep, to be honest, that's what I thought :(

it's only going to get worse, right?

is there anything special I need to do once it's out to try to get my ear back to as close to normal as possible?

thanks for your reply

You can do a final sea salt soak if you wish but other than that no, just let it heal like any normal wound.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    You can do a final sea salt soak if you wish but other than that no, just let it heal like any normal wound.
    Thanks

I'm not sure you have enough *lip* at the back for a traditional industrial :(
    Sorry this didn't go as planned
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Quote Originally Posted by Binkylicious View Post
    I'm not sure you have enough *lip* at the back for a traditional industrial :(
    Sorry this didn't go as planned
    Yeah, I realise that now, just wish the piercer had said something before he did what he did. I went to see the most well respected piercer in Leicester on Friday (at least I think they are!) to see if my left ear is suitable and they've said yes. So this one was taken out on Friday night and I've put a barbell in the top hole for now whilst I work out whether I want to keep that one with something in and the bottom hole is healing.

Hi, I had a scaffold piercing that I just recently took out and replaced with two captive rings, I think retiring the one on the bottom hole is the best :( The pierced hole has a different angle from a helix :( It doesn't look as good a a standard helix hole, I hope you would have a good recovery!