Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated Beyond Words: Scar Tissue Problems

Angry Frustrated Beyond Words: Scar Tissue Problems

Hi guys. I hope this posts finds some knowledgeable folks because I am really losing my temper and my patience. I posted a while back about chamomile compresses for piercing bumps, well, I've reached the point where the scar, and it is a scar not an infection, simply will not go away. I have no idea what to do. I've done the Sea Salt Soaks and the Tea compresses. I've been pierced almost 12 weeks. Will this scar ever go away?

I am still doing aftercare because of being diabetic. I still do at least one, if not two SSS, a day. I run shower water over it. I don't play with it. I use a cotton bud to clean the outside skin and I am very gentle. I have Neo Metal in, so I know it's good stuff. My piercer told me to put vitamin E oil on it to try and break down the scar. It's not an enormous bump, but I am becoming very upset. Nothing is working on this stupid thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am becoming so upset that taking it out is looking like an option.

How long do I have to keep up the SSS? Is there an end to this? If so, what am I doing wrong? I have done LITHA in the past and the bump arrived, got huge, and that's when I used the Chamomile Tea just like my piercer told me to. Like I said, the tea worked for a little bit, but nothing is flattening this sucker now. Please help if you can.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Current: 2 standard lobes, R nostril (I'm just getting started).
    Tattoos: Left forearm, Right outer bicep, Left outer bicep
    Future: more, more, more.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

For me, tea tree oil (on navel) and Fucidin H (on conch) has worked well for bumps!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

All this ever comes down to is trial and error and patience, tons of patience.

If it distresses you a lot though then taking it out may be the answer. I've had bumps on cartilage piercings for months on end before (not sure what piercing you're referring to here though) and I just ignore them. The only one I didn't was a nostril piercing that seemed to heal ok but then had a bump/irritation for several months. I eventually took it out, let it heal, got it repierced and it's been fine.

It's just one of those things with piercings, sometimes your body just doesn't like them, there's no magic cure or solution for it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    For me, tea tree oil (on navel) and Fucidin H (on conch) has worked well for bumps!
    Thanks for the advice. I actually bought some TTO and put a drop in last night with the SSS. I tried to put it with the Vitamin E and the smell was just too much for me to handle. I think if I put it right on the piercing that could be bad. I have super sensitive skin. I have read mixed reviews on the TTO and at this point, but I was willing to try it.
    Last edited by teb1976; 06-24-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    All this ever comes down to is trial and error and patience, tons of patience.

If it distresses you a lot though then taking it out may be the answer. I've had bumps on cartilage piercings for months on end before (not sure what piercing you're referring to here though) and I just ignore them. The only one I didn't was a nostril piercing that seemed to heal ok but then had a bump/irritation for several months. I eventually took it out, let it heal, got it repierced and it's been fine.

It's just one of those things with piercings, sometimes your body just doesn't like them, there's no magic cure or solution for it.
    Thank you Hazel. It is a nostril piercing. It's actually a repiercing. I think you're right about just letting it do its thing. The vitamin E oil seems to be helping somewhat. It may just be one of those things that I have forever. It's not unsightly or horrible looking. However, if I was to stop treating it, I'm not sure what would happen.

I wouldn't say I'm in distress, I just feel like I don't have any answers. According to my piercer, I should have been healed up at 6 weeks, but everything I'm seeing says that isn't so. 4 months. 6 months. A year. I'm just trying to figure out what's going to work and stick with it. Does that makes sense? Like I said, I don't mind having a tiny (and I do mean tiny) scar, but if it grows to outrageous proportions like it did when I first started treating it, I can't go for that.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by teb1976 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I am going to put a drop of tea tree oil in with the SSS. I think if I put it right on the piercing that could be bad. I have super sensitive skin. I have read mixed reviews on the TTO and at this point, I'm willing to try it.
    I wouldn't use neat tea tree oil on my skin. If you try it I'd dilute it first with a carrier oil.
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    I wouldn't use neat tea tree oil on my skin. If you try it I'd dilute it first with a carrier oil.
    Last night I diluted some (just a single drop) in the SSS. This morning, after applying the vitamin E oil last night and let it soak in while I slept, the scar does look a smidgen better. I've been doing the Vitamin E oil for a little over a week.

I think Hazel is right. I lack patience in general, so this has been a huge challenge for me. I just am so extremely frustrated. I'm glad I was able to post here to try and get some feedback.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

No nostril piercing is healed in 6 weeks!! Your piercer seems very misinformed.

Also oil and water don't mix so there's no point in putting it in your SSS.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    No nostril piercing is healed in 6 weeks!! Your piercer seems very misinformed.

Also oil and water don't mix so there's no point in putting it in your SSS.
    Alright. I was hoping to change this thing out, but I supposed I'd better wait a while.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by teb1976 View Post
    Alright. I was hoping to change this thing out, but I supposed I'd better wait a while.
    Why do you want to change it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast