Thread: Gnarly tragus piercing bumps... wrong jewelry?

Default Gnarly tragus piercing bumps... wrong jewelry?

Hey everyone!!

I want to preface this by saying that I have read through all of the threads I could find about tragus piercings and their respective bumps and I have also scoured the internet for answers as well but I feel like you, my fellow people, will really be able to help me!

So what happened was- I got my tragus pierced about 5 weeks ago and admit that perhaps I was cleaning a little too aggressively but about 2 weeks ago a bump appeared on the back of my tragus.... only to be joined by a different looking bump about a week later on the front. So I currently have two bumps. I like to think of them as bump best friends.

I have been doing sea salt soaks twice a day where I literally stick my entire ear in water for 5 minutes. I alternate days where I do chamomile soaks as well. I tried Tea Tree Oil but I think my piercing is a little too new to use that so I have since ceased using it. I have been doing this for about a week now and there has been no change in size or appearance of the bump besties.

I feel like my jewelry may be too long but my piercer said it was standard, but I also have no idea what I'm doing, so... It just seems like it moves around a lot.

For those of you who came for the gnarly bump picture here it is: http://imgur.com/yxExPWZ

This was taken post chamomile tea compression- I held the warm tea bag directly to the bump and if you look closely you can see the delightful discharge that came after!

Sorry if this is grossing any of you out but I thought I could be best helped with picture!

You're still cleaning it way way more than I would. Have you tried just rinsing it off in the shower and then leaving it strictly alone?
    Caro

I have not yet tried the "LITHA" method- is that what you would suggest??

Well it works for me

Your ear just looks very irritated and two long salt soaks a day isn't really going to help that (and how much salt are you using?)
    Caro

Could be a combination of low quality jewellery, incorrect jewellery and over cleaning. I don't think a curved barbell is suitable for a healing tragus piercing, and the quality could be causing irritation too. I'd go to a reputable piercer and get them to assess it.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Agree with Roz, click on the bump thread in my sig too.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Agree with, well everyone. Get better jewelry and leave it be!
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Thanks everyone! I will go to a piercing studio tomorrow and get the jewelry changed out. I really appreciate all of your feedback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greystheway View Post
    Thanks everyone! I will go to a piercing studio tomorrow and get the jewelry changed out. I really appreciate all of your feedback!!!
    I hope it goes well, keep us updated!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<