Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Double Snug

Default Double Snug

I can't find a diary on this so I've no idea what I've let myself in for.... ( not quite true)

I've wanted this for ages but always let myself be talked out of it but no longer. I went to Mike at Broad St studio who did his best to talk me out of it but as I've already had a double rook which healed easily and no problems with other cartilage piercings he was happy to go ahead. The question then was one at a time or both at once. I settled for both at once as I staggered them with the rook and regretted it.

So usual pre-amble, disclaimers, jewellery choice etc and I was left to wander round town for 20 minutes whilst the jewellery was prepared. I was more nervous over getting these done than any of the previous ones so I was glad to go back. It gave me time to take some ibuprofen though in the hope it might reduce some of the initial swelling.

The piercing was OK. It hurt more than the first rook and less than the second! The actual jewellery insertion was the worst bit by far and I may have squeaked slightly. Mike was very good - asking me if it was OK to go on at each stage. Certainly it wasn't bad as I was expecting. Then we got to do it all over again.

The usual after care advice and I was good to go. My ear started to hurt almost immediately - hot and painful but that's now subsided and I can forget about it apart from when I remember to notice it. It's certainly swollen already as I'm getting some pain in my neck and behind the ear which I remember from last time round.

The bars are amazingly long, (I really hope they don't swell that much!) but if all goes well I can go in for a downsize in 2 weeks. Let the fun begin!

Caro

Loving the gold colour coordination here. And it looks lovely on you! Hope it heals as well as your other piercings
    Looking at your double rook makes me feel like getting another for my oh-so-lonesome rook
    Current:
    Right - 3 x Lobe, Rook
    Left - 1 x Lobe, Daith

Retired:
    1 x R. Tragus

Want:

Conch
    Lower lip
    Right Eyebrow
    Septum

These look absolutely stunning! I am so jealous! I had a snug for 4 years and it just never healed, I was so sad to lose it as it was my favourite piercing

i really hope all goes well for you! Happy healing!
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

Looks fab

Thank you for all the kind words It's a lot less red this morning but a tiny bit more swollen so I'm still taking the ibuprofen which has also stopped it feeling sore as it was quite uncomfortable at times yesterday evening but not bad enough to keep me awake.

Lesson from last night is to direct hugs from my more exuberant friends to the opposite side!

I really hope I can heal these OK. I haven't attempted to clean them yet. There has been no bleeding and I'd rather leave them strictly alone for the first day or two to allow them to settle a bit. It's a method that's worked well for me in the past. I'll take a view this evening on whether or not to give them a gentle rinse but I may well wait until the morning.
    Caro

Love it!

(adds double snugs to wish list...)
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Oh they're so pretty!

More thanks

It's looking very odd this morning. The bars are no longer parallel! I'm assuming (hoping) it's just uneven swelling. No pain or soreness though and I've just given it a good rinse in some plain boiled and cooled water as it hasn't been the magic 48 hours yet. Tomorrow it can just have the usual shower water.
    Caro

Ooooh pretty! Don't envy the healing though!! Good luck with it ❤️
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Ooooh pretty! Don't envy the healing though!! Good luck with it ❤️
    Thank you - don't envy myself with the healing either The bars have actually rotated a bit. One I've managed to correct very easily with no resistance but the other didn't want to move with a gentle nudge. Not sure whether to just do it or leave it be. Just emailed the piercer for advice.
    Caro

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast