Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Double Snug

Eeeey they look lush, especially good with the double rook which I love on you!
    I go to Mike for mine too
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    Eeeey they look lush, especially good with the double rook which I love on you!
    I go to Mike for mine too
    Thank you - love my double rook too! I realised after I had the snugs that there is a double vibe going on in that ear which I really like. The other side now looks rather haphazard in comparison.

So day 3 and no change. Still looks pretty much as it did on day 1 with a little thickening of the ridge due to swelling. The redness has gone completely and it's just a little sore at times. I'm still taking the ibuprofen once a day as I have from the start - whether this is making a difference I don't know.

I can't believe it's not going to swell dramatically - it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. I rather wish it would, if it's going to, so I can get it over with!
    Caro

Love it! Looks like a bitch to heal though. xD
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Love it! Looks like a bitch to heal though. xD
    Thank you It's a bit more swollen and painful today probably due to the cat walking over my head when I was asleep last night and putting one of his paws on it - direct hit!
    Caro

It's a week old today. It looks pretty much as it has done for the whole week - slightly swollen compared with the first picture but nowhere near as much as I'd anticipated at this stage. I'm not complaining though - still plenty of time! I'm supposed to go back to the piercer in a week for a possible jewellery downsize - that would be good as I'm finding the length of the bars annoying.

It's also not particularly sore and I could probably sleep on it but I'm not going to risk it. There is some mild occasional pain from the swelling which I feel behind my ear and hugs are definitely hazardous

Caro

It's been a mixed week. One night it was so painful it was keeping me awake but other than that one instance it's been uncomfortable at worst. I'm being very careful not to bump and catch it though. It still hasn't swollen anything like I was expecting from the other snug pictures here.

Still rather swollen and now it's itchy and crusty too which is what I'd expected after 2 weeks. I'll be glad when this phase is over.

My piercer had a look at it this morning and we agreed to delay the downsize for a week as they are looking so happy. Don't want to upset things really but I am missing my ear buds. There is no way I can get them in with the bars as long as they are. He gave them a good clean and repositioned the bars to where they should be. The keep moving around which is driving me crazy. That should improve with shorter bars.

Last edited by dragonsoup; 06-28-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Caro

This looks incredible. To think I've been agonising over whether to get a rook OR a snug in my right ear... And you're badass enouh to have both with doubles. Swoon

Quote Originally Posted by solveig View Post
    This looks incredible. To think I've been agonising over whether to get a rook OR a snug in my right ear... And you're badass enouh to have both with doubles. Swoon
    Haha - thank you!

Badass? I wish! The healing is pretty much the same for two as it is one so I'd rather get it over with. I staggered the rooks by 3 months and all I really achieved was to add 3 months on to the healing time for the first one.

Good luck with your choice. Both are great piercings to have
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Haha - thank you!

Badass? I wish! The healing is pretty much the same for two as it is one so I'd rather get it over with. I staggered the rooks by 3 months and all I really achieved was to add 3 months on to the healing time for the first one.

Good luck with your choice. Both are great piercings to have
    yes! I love them! Wondering if a rook will look too crowded next to my forward helix, but anyway, I'm holding off on new piercings for a couple of months at least. So, there's time to decide! Good luck healing those beauties!!

OK 3 weeks old today and a jewellery downsize! I was pierced with 12mm bars and was told to expect a reduction to 10mm and then maybe in a few months down to 8mm.

The original bars have been too long right from the start and the constant moving about has given me some pain and soreness so I was really looking forward to having shorter ones in. I've also been worried that they would start to heal at the wrong angle due to the rotation of the bars. I have been so careful not to knock and fiddle with them but they were still constantly moving somehow.

The 10mm bars were waiting for me from last weeks delayed attempt but still didn't get to be used as Mike decided to jump down to 8mm as I had so little swelling. They are a close fit though so I'm going to have to watch them carefully for a day or two as I only have 0.5mm on one bar. I foresee more ibuprofen and cold compresses in my immediate future and I have strict instructions to go straight back immediately if I have any problems.

I didn't enjoy the actual change one little bit. The upper one was OK but the lower one is more swollen and sore and that was really unpleasant.

I'm loving the new jewellery though - I wasn't expecting to be able to have such short bars for several weeks at least and being able to use ear buds is no longer a distant dream. I'm going to leave it a week or two though before trying them

Last edited by dragonsoup; 07-05-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    Caro

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast