Thread: Titanium question: nostril piercing

Question Titanium question: nostril piercing

So I currently have Neometal in my nose. I couldn't take it out if I wanted to and I am getting to the point that I do. The healing experience is taking its toll. Anyway, is G23 titanium the same as (ASTM F136 6Al-4V ELI?

I need something I can take out without help and I am thinking either bioplast, gold, and titanium are my only options. I don't know who to buy these items from. I am afraid I will end up with gold plated metal and such. I am trying to find an online dealer because my piercer only uses Neometal and anometal (the threaded kind). I have very shaky hands so I'm not sure that would work either.

please educate me.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Current: 2 standard lobes, R nostril (I'm just getting started).
    Tattoos: Left forearm, Right outer bicep, Left outer bicep
    Future: more, more, more.

Yup, Grade 23 Titanium is 6AL4V ELI F-136

Why can't you take the Neometal out? I get that it can be fiddly but it's not impossible.

If you don't want threaded or threadless jewellery then you're looking at rings.

Ditch bioplast, no one really knows what it's made from and it's classed as low quality.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hazel, I think I'd have to use pliers to get this thing out. LOL! The top of it won't pop off for me.

I saw some jewelry online here and at other shops online, but I was afraid the jewelry would be crap (no offense to anyone on this site). I'm always afraid with ordering from some place that I don't know that they aren't always giving me what I'm buying, if that makes sense. I saw some bones and screws that I thought I might like and that would be much easier to deal with.

I figured bioplast wasn't that great.

I have seen mixed reviews about Grade 23, that it isn't really true titanium and all of that, which is why I asked in this forum. You peeps are awesome-smart about this sort of thing!

If I buy from this store I'll get dinged for currency exchange from my bank because I'm in the U.S.

Thanks Hazel!
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Grade 23 is great for piercings as long as it's polished well. Find an APP registered piercer in your area and they'll be able to order high quality jewellery for you.

As for your Neometal, it sounds like it's been bent too strongly, that would make it hard to remove.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That makes sense also.

I will see who is near me that can order something. I know my piercer carries really good jewelry, I just can't remove it without help. He also carried Anometal. I know what he has it threaded and that might not be too bad, but I shake terribly, especially when trying to deal with tiny things. LOL.

Thank you again doll. I truly appreciate your knowledge. That's why I come here with questions.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

No problem, you can get ball holders which can be really helpful if you have shaky hands. I know it can be really awkward without shakiness so it must be horrible for you. (squish)

Regarding neometal: I like my tops bent just a teeny tiny bit. I can pop them off with a flick of a fingernail, but they would never come off by themselves. I think you should ask your piercer to help you and rebend the pieces so you can use them. I truly do not believe there is anything on the market more fabulous than neo threadless for nostrils!
    Good luck
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Quote Originally Posted by Binkylicious View Post
    Regarding neometal: I like my tops bent just a teeny tiny bit. I can pop them off with a flick of a fingernail, but they would never come off by themselves. I think you should ask your piercer to help you and rebend the pieces so you can use them. I truly do not believe there is anything on the market more fabulous than neo threadless for nostrils!
    Good luck
    Wise words! <3