Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scaffold/industrial piercing diary! (ft. v bloody pics)

Default scaffold/industrial piercing diary! (ft. v bloody pics)

(day 2, rn, pierced 28/5/16)

i finally got my industrial pierced, yesterday! i went to a new piercer i hadn't been to before out of curiosity (i wanted to take a look around and see all the different piercers in the city at some point), stigmata in liverpool. the piercer was lovely and i also got her to change the jewellery in my daith because ball closure rings are torturous. it was a nice time!

the actual piercing did hurt quite a bit and apparently i bled a lot, but as always it was a manageable and brief pain. plus, having big steel toed boots means you can curl your toes in pain without anyone knowing. i also think i've finally figured out that if i control my breathing i shake much less, which is handy, because having a tremor is very inconvenient when you like body mods a lot.

she gave me a flexible ptfe bar to start with - i was told this was because it's a lot more comfortable to heal with. i can understand that, because the couple of times i have bumped it so far it has hurt, but it bent slightly in the middle rather than just tugging horribly on the piercing. seems to be going well so far.

have been cleaning with SSS as always, morning and evening. the amount of blood from this piercing is unprecedented for me, though. i met up with a friend about half an hour after i got it (the reason i was in liverpool in the first place, lol) and had him tell me multiple times throughout the day that there was blood trickling down my ear... i also woke up the next morning with dried blood all over my head and face. afaik this is normal, though, and there's no particular pain or redness out of the ordinary.

i'm excited about this piercing!

pics: http://imgur.com/a/jPl2P

first two are in the hallway of the piercer after getting it (still shaky from adrenaline haha). next one is the first time it started bleeding randomly, and then the NEXT time it started bleeding randomly. aaaand then is when i woke up covered in blood. good times. not pictured: my pillow, which is quite a sight.

(you can also see the point when i shaved my head because the hair gettin in the piercing was pissing me off lol)
    Piercings: 2 lower lip, septum, left daith, earlobes, right eyebrow, right industrial
    Want: bridge, conch, maybe nape surface piercing

Tattoo: 3 hours on Van Gogh tattoo on right arm

Whilst bleeding like that isn't a major worry, I do wonder if they have gone through a blood vessel that could have been avoided. It's also hard to tell from the photos but make sure that the bar isn't pressing on the "snug" area of your ear as this puts pressure on the holes leaving it impossible to heal. Someone who can assess you in person can have a good look for both potential issues.

Did the piercer use a torch to look for blood vessels beforehand?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm not sure if she used a torch - she didn't tell me she was, if she did. It is a little bruised at the top, so tbh it might be that it went through a blood vessel. And I don't think it's pressing on the snug area - mine isn't very prominent, ahah. The bar itself goes perfectly straight across without any pressure

I'll be going back to the piercer in a couple weeks anyway, so I'll make sure there aren't any issues then.

As for yesterday and today, the bleeding has decreased significantly. Yesterday it didn't bleed spontaneously, and I wasn't coated in blood when I woke up, so... good stuff.
    Piercings: 2 lower lip, septum, left daith, earlobes, right eyebrow, right industrial

Sounds like it's going well!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yay for bloody pics

Congrats and happy healing!!
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Oh my God, that's a lot of blood! Happy healing, looks great
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

thank you all

thursday now, so day... 6?

the damn thing keeps bleeding. it's not hurting much, at the moment, except for if i really bump it. but it seems like every tiny bump sets it off bleeding. next time i'm in liverpool i'll probably go back to the piercer just to ask if it's meant to bleed this much. i'll just be sat, doing nothing in particular, and feel blood trickling down my ear and have to go clean myself up. it's kinda annoying.

i'm also healing a tattoo on my arm on the same side as the piercing right now, so... sleeping is a challenge, but we shall prevail

I had an industrial done about 6 weeks ago, and it hasn't bled once.

Hope yours settles down.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheStar View Post
    I had an industrial done about 6 weeks ago, and it hasn't bled once.

Hope yours settles down.
    from what i've been told i should only really be concerned if it's super painful, inflamed, or there's pus, so i'm not too concerned, but i hope it does too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast