Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scaffold/industrial piercing diary! (ft. v bloody pics)

what am i, day 9??? something like that?

i'm actually starting to get crusties now rather than just straight up dried blood, which i suppose is good. it also hasn't bled for a while which is gooooood. i mean i tugged it with my glasses today which hurt like SHIT, but it didn't bleed, so we're getting somewhere.
    Piercings: 2 lower lip, septum, left daith, earlobes, right eyebrow, right industrial
    Want: bridge, conch, maybe nape surface piercing

Tattoo: 3 hours on Van Gogh tattoo on right arm

so the first week or so was pretty fine in terms of pain, only hurt if I caught it. now, though, it's kind of painful and throbbing pretty much constantly. it's also a little swollen, especially around the top. I'm continuing with SSS and hoping this passes, cause owwwwwwwww
    Piercings: 2 lower lip, septum, left daith, earlobes, right eyebrow, right industrial

QUESTION: I was told it could be an infection/allergic reaction. My ear is peirced (industrial piercing) I've had it for 5 months. It was hit recently within a couple days it was swollen red really hot to the touch now its dry/flaking and after the doctors i noticed a new symptom the back of my ear is raw and is leaking a clear liquid . I dont know what to do about the back of my ear its so raw and looks like its sweating he didnt give me any creams what can i use for the drying and itching? And any ideas why my ear is leaking? (Sorry idk how to make a new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Meansister View Post
    QUESTION: I was told it could be an infection/allergic reaction. My ear is peirced (industrial piercing) I've had it for 5 months. It was hit recently within a couple days it was swollen red really hot to the touch now its dry/flaking and after the doctors i noticed a new symptom the back of my ear is raw and is leaking a clear liquid . I dont know what to do about the back of my ear its so raw and looks like its sweating he didnt give me any creams what can i use for the drying and itching? And any ideas why my ear is leaking? (Sorry idk how to make a new thread)
    Go back to your doctor so they can examine you in person or at least go to a piercer.

If you have any more questions please post them on the "Ask the Community" thread linked in my signature instead of someone's diary.

Thank you!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

so it's been a little over three weeks now, and the piercing is still a tiny bit swollen but possibly it's hypertrophic scarring? i've got some definite bumps going on around the actual holes, which i've started doing sea salt compressions on. i'm hoping this'll help, i've only been doing it a couple days and haven't seen any difference yet but i'm gonna continue 'cause that isn't very long.

some pictures for reference (if anyone can confirm this looks like hypertrophic scarring, would be appreciated)

Yes it does look like it, click on the bump thread link in my sig to see some examples.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I can't remember the names for all the bumps and stuff that can happen. But those bumps look a lot like the ones I had and on some holes still have on my industrials. My oldest industrial is now around 8 or 9 months old. Give or take a few months. And that one had a pretty big bump on one hole. Around two weeks ago the bump went down and fast. I never did anything to it other than just removing any type of crusties if there was any and just softly massaging it once in a while.

I don't have experience with salt water compress or anything but what I have heard around is that it can take some time to get rid of these bumps. Just dont get discouraged! They will settle eventually and you will have an absolutely great piercing. Good luck!
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12