Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-piercing nipples?

Default Re-piercing nipples?

Hey everyone!

I used to LIVE on here a few years ago! I had quite a few piercings, and plans to get more, and then... I don't know.

But I'm back!

Anyway, I used to have both my nipples pierced. The right one I took out before it was healed, because I didn't like the placement and it wasn't healing properly. I just have two little scars. The left one, however, I had in for a a while before it fell out one night while I was asleep and I couldn't get the jewellery back in. I ended up leaving it out. Ever since I've still had visible holes, and I can feel a bit of scar tissue. Oh and they were horizontal.

Now I'm thinking I want them redone! But vertically this time. Will the old piercing spots cause me any grief do you think? I do have very flat nipples, so they're not the easiest to pierce to begin with - but I loved how they looked and felt when pierced!

Any words from those of you who have had them redone would be much appreciated.

Also, if there are any Aussies here - I'm currently living in the country about 30 minutes out of Shepparton in Victoria. Does anyone know if there is a good piercing in Shepp? Or else, I'll take Melbourne suggestions as I've been out of the piercing loop for so long!

Thanks
    Current
    Ear lobes X 3 each
    Navel
    Nipples (12g)
    Surface Tragus (R)

Retired
    Labret
    Nipples (14g)
    Surface Tragus (L)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Tongue web
    VCH

I don't live in Australia so I can't offer any help there, but I can share my experience with repiercing nipples. I had my right one done years ago, think I had it for about 3 years before I let a (ex)boyfriend convince me to take it out. Last year I decided to get my left one done - what I expected for pain, a pinch and burning but over quick. Then I decided I wanted the right done too and went in a month later to get it done. While the "level" of pain wasn't much higher (really that initial pinch is pretty intense), but it lasted a bit longer because she had to force the needle through the scar tissue that had built up. But really it only lasted another second or so! I'm thinking because you're going vertical this time instead of horizontal (mine were done horizontal both times), there will be a little less scar tissue to pierce through! Best of luck!
    Current: Left ear: 2x lobes, tragus. Right ear: 2x lobes, rook, inner conch, outer conch. Other: L nare, navel, L & R nipples, VCH, septum
    Retired: R nipple, L eyebrow

Wish list: L forward helix, Monroe or labret
    Tattoos: 8 - 15 hours worth

Oops, forgot about my post!!

Thanks for the reply! Eeek... more painful :p I'm still thinking about the vertical. I've been googling and I think I still like the look of horizontals better.

The place I'm thinking of going is saying that because mine aren't real pokey-outy ones that it's better to pierce with a 12g. Does anyone know anything about this??? 12g is huge and I'm scared haha!!
    Current
    Ear lobes X 3 each
    Navel
    Nipples (12g)
    Surface Tragus (R)

Retired
    Labret
    Nipples (14g)
    Surface Tragus (L)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Tongue web
    VCH

The place I'm thinking of going is saying that because mine aren't real pokey-outy ones that it's better to pierce with a 12g. Does anyone know anything about this??? 12g is huge and I'm scared haha!![/QUOTE]

I was also advised to get 12 gauge barbells in mine, because my nipples are naturally inverted, to reduce the risk of migration and rejection.

I've not had any problems with them at all and they look like "normal" nipples now, which was my hope and I don't think the bars look too big. I've still not changed the jewellery even though they're healed as I don't want to upset things.

Hope you get on okay.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

Thanks for your reply Miss Fi! That's exactly what they said about the 12g. I'm just nervous because I last had them done about 7 years ago and I swear my pain threshold has become terrible since then. I was a bit concerned the 12 would look too big, but it doesn't really bother me - I just really want them pierced again :p
    Current
    Ear lobes X 3 each
    Navel
    Nipples (12g)
    Surface Tragus (R)

Retired
    Labret
    Nipples (14g)
    Surface Tragus (L)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Tongue web
    VCH

Quote Originally Posted by Mu xxx View Post
    Thanks for your reply Miss Fi! That's exactly what they said about the 12g. I'm just nervous because I last had them done about 7 years ago and I swear my pain threshold has become terrible since then. I was a bit concerned the 12 would look too big, but it doesn't really bother me - I just really want them pierced again :p
    I bet adrenaline will kick in and you'll be fine.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

Quote Originally Posted by Mu xxx View Post
    Oops, forgot about my post!!

Thanks for the reply! Eeek... more painful :p I'm still thinking about the vertical. I've been googling and I think I still like the look of horizontals better.

The place I'm thinking of going is saying that because mine aren't real pokey-outy ones that it's better to pierce with a 12g. Does anyone know anything about this??? 12g is huge and I'm scared haha!!
    Have a feel of your nipples and see if there's any scar tissue (will feel like a lump). If there is then try firmly massaging them with an oil to help break it down, this will assist with a re pierce. If there's no lump or barely any then you should be fine to go ahead.

@MissFi - 12g is fine, some piercers use it for nipples as standard, it isn't huge and doesn't make it hurt more.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

@MissFi - 12g is fine, some piercers use it for nipples as standard, it isn't huge and doesn't make it hurt more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hazel, that's good to know.
    Piercings:

Tattoos:

Yeah I was exaggerating a bit saying the 12g was huge. I mostly poke people with anything from a 26g - 18g, so it seems big to me :p Oh and I'm a nurse, just to clarify that comment!!

I can feel a bit of a hard lump in one, but not the other. My appointment isn't until Saturday so I'm going to massage as much as possible until then... let's hope I don't chaff myself hahahaaa
    Current
    Ear lobes X 3 each
    Navel
    Nipples (12g)
    Surface Tragus (R)

Retired
    Labret
    Nipples (14g)
    Surface Tragus (L)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Tongue web
    VCH

I've got both mine done horizontally, and at one point one of them fell out and I didn't notice til the next day, so tried of course in a panic to put it back in but it was hopeless. I left it for a few months and on a whim decided to repierce it as just having the one was driving me bonkers. I would say it was actually less painful than the first time I had it pierced, but I don't know if that's just because I knew exactly what to expect and wasn't caught off-guard by the intensity of it the second time around lol. Also healed much quicker and easier the second time, that I know for sure
    Current: 1st Lobes, Nostril, Septum, 2 Nipples, Navel
    Retired: 1st Lobes stretched to 0g, 2nd Lobes, Rook, 2 Helixes, Tongue Frenulum, Monroe

~60ish hours of tattoo time on ~30ish pieces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast