Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little nervous and a little scared: first tat

Unhappy A little nervous and a little scared: first tat

I posted a few days ago about my tat appointment. I am the kind of person that doesn't get worked up in advance about things. It is usually right before any kind of appointment that I feel some anxiety. I have to admit, I am a little nervous about tomorrow.

I was in labor for about 8 hours without drugs and had a needle stuck in my back to deaden the pain. I can handle blood draws, lacerations, punctures and all of that jazz okay, too. The pain issue is still making me edgy.

I am getting my son's name as well as a mother/son symbol tattooed on my left forearm. I don't want it to be very big. Maybe 3 inches in length. I know I need to eat and be hydrated. I know I need to stay calm and I meditate daily so I know how to breathe properly. It is a new, unknown experience and that is an issue. And, as I said, my concern with the level of pain is becoming an issue.

Anyone have any kind words of comfort or want to share their experiences?
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Current: 2 standard lobes, R nostril (I'm just getting started).
    Tattoos: Left forearm, Right outer bicep, Left outer bicep
    Future: more, more, more.

In my experience the more you think something is going to hurt the less it actually hurts. If you prepare yourself for the absolute worst unbearable pain you can think of then it can only be less. But again that is my experience.
    Keep breathing while getting the tattoo is also very important. But it sounds like you already got that covered a-okay so no worries there And you might find that something sugary can also help. If you have some hard sweets that you can suck on that can be helpful.

And lastly: Don't worry. I'm sure you will be okay and manage it. It sounds like a wonderful tattoo. Just keep the finished tattoo in your head and you will be fine
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 4 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 4, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

It's not going to hurt anywhere near as much as you're panicking over. If it did then people like me wouldnt repeatedly go back for 6 hour sessions! Is it on the top or inside of your forearm?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thanks so much! I am a diabetic, so I'm not sure if taking in extra sugar would be good. I do know what you mean. Chew on something to keep my mind busy. Excellent advice about keeping the end result in the forefront of my mind. I have been wanting to get tattooed since I was a teenager. It has taken this long for me to step up and do it. I'm 40 (just turned in April), so it's about time!
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's not going to hurt anywhere near as much as you're panicking over. If it did then people like me wouldnt repeatedly go back for 6 hour sessions! Is it on the top or inside of your forearm?
    It will be inside of the forearm, Hazel. Do you know how I can upload a photo to share it here?
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Upload to imgur, right click the photo > copy image > right click on here > paste.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Thanks to you for your help. I did it

Hi, I'm Tracy

Red face First Tat!

I am so excited to share. I will be getting more for sure. I am so glad I did it!

Hi, I'm Tracy

Aww so cute and really well done!

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

It's lovely! ^_^

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast