Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Industrial and Daith Diary

My bumpy ear:-

Week 7 - well my ear got worse, and I ended up going to the Drs on tuesday, who gave me a weeks course of antibiotics, and it is now looking tons better!

I attempted to change the bar to a PTFE one, but it hurt so stopped (had only put it through on one side), it felt like it was thicker than the original, even though it was meant to be the same gauge, so slid the original back in easily, and blasted with H2Ocean..

Still planning on seeing Holier than Thou this week to ask them to check the angles, thinking of getting this lobe pierced again while I'm there as the rest of this ear looks a little empty

Should have added, the daith is doing fine now - managed to wear ear buds for the first time yesterday - YEAH! (had been using them in one ear only, which isn't the same )

I think what upset my industrial, was my horses tail getting stuck on it, it obviously pulled it, and short of rubbing manure on my ear, I probably couldn't have done something less hygienic to it..

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheStar View Post
    Should have added, the daith is doing fine now - managed to wear ear buds for the first time yesterday - YEAH! (had been using them in one ear only, which isn't the same )

I think what upset my industrial, was my horses tail getting stuck on it, it obviously pulled it, and short of rubbing manure on my ear, I probably couldn't have done something less hygienic to it..
    I demand horsey pics on the pet thread!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I demand horsey pics on the pet thread!
    Thank you - I need little encouragement to share pics Will head over their shortly.

Quick update - went to Holier Than Thou this morning - the lady was so helpful and lovely!

Said the industrial was well placed and a good piercing, which is very good news
    Last edited by ApacheStar; 06-24-2016 at 03:55 PM.

The long bar was really annoying me, and I know it was too early but I changed it out last week for a clear bioplast one, which was meant to be 2mm shorter. It was only when I got it in I could then measure the old bar, to find out the bar was the same length.. I decided to leave it as it was.

Then when I was getting my tattoo done, I had a chat to the piercer there, who recommended it went back to a titanium bar, the size she's put in is still 2mm bigger than I need, but its shorter than the original. I was really worries that having the bar changed twice in 24 hours would upset the piercing, but its been fine, infact no bother at all, the bumps are nearly gone, and no more crusties! It actually seems a lot happier with the shorter bar (as am I).

I also got the daith changed to a CBR - which has been uneventful too, no more crusties from that for nearly 2 weeks now, including after the jewellery change.

That's one piercing I am totally unsuited to! Yours looks good.

I know what you mean about the bars being too long. My snug bars are driving me crazy but I'm stuck with them until at least next week when I hope my piercer will agree to a jewellery change. Ear buds are not on my agenda any time soon!
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    That's one piercing I am totally unsuited to! Yours looks good.

I know what you mean about the bars being too long. My snug bars are driving me crazy but I'm stuck with them until at least next week when I hope my piercer will agree to a jewellery change. Ear buds are not on my agenda any time soon!
    Thank you - I absolutely love it will take another pic soon.

Yep long bars are so irritating, and after 8 weeks of listening to music in one ear I was over the moon to get the earbuds back in both - hope you can get the bars changed soon
    Last edited by ApacheStar; 06-27-2016 at 08:40 PM.

as we're on week 9 I thought I'd include another pic - looks tons better than it did a couple of weeks ago - I love the new shorter bar (which was anodised in ice blue, and I've had the segment ring in my lobe done to match),

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast