Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Time Is Now! My First Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by sushilover View Post
    Teb - I'm in the same position as you - getting mine Thursday!

I'm 33. Like you I've wanted this for a long, long time but I'm a perfectionist and if I think any longer about it or the placement I'm going to go batty. I want a kanji symbol and a hello kitty head. I know many folk will think how naff, but I've been into Japanese stuff for years and years. Anyway. I toy between the kanji on my lower back or stomach, low down. The HK head will be on my ankle, about 1/2 inches above the bone. I did toy with the idea of the HK on my stomach instead of the kanji but at the same time I am considering the back and ankle because I know these aren't body parts that will change much over time.

Now I am getting paranoid as to whether the stencil they place on the body will be exactly what you get. I know it sounds nuts. But I've seen a lot of crap hello kitty heads that look drawn on sort of 'fake'. At the same time I don't want to piss the artist off asking about placement and stuff. Argh!

I've already bought the nappy cream. I am totally shitting myself though!! By the way, this is my first post here, but I've been a lurker for a while. Hazel I see you give wonderful advice - and sound lovely too. Do you have any suggestions about placement decisions?

Billie
    Howdy girl

I feel you. I have just decided to go with the tat on my forearm instead of wrist. I know the artist will give me tattoo goo and an aftercare sheet. It's not the actual inking that is making me crazy. It's the aftercare. I will keep my finger crossed that things go well for both of us.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Current: 2 standard lobes, R nostril (I'm just getting started).
    Tattoos: Left forearm, Right outer bicep, Left outer bicep
    Future: more, more, more.

Quote Originally Posted by sushilover View Post
    Teb - I'm in the same position as you - getting mine Thursday!

I'm 33. Like you I've wanted this for a long, long time but I'm a perfectionist and if I think any longer about it or the placement I'm going to go batty. I want a kanji symbol and a hello kitty head. I know many folk will think how naff, but I've been into Japanese stuff for years and years. Anyway. I toy between the kanji on my lower back or stomach, low down. The HK head will be on my ankle, about 1/2 inches above the bone. I did toy with the idea of the HK on my stomach instead of the kanji but at the same time I am considering the back and ankle because I know these aren't body parts that will change much over time.

Now I am getting paranoid as to whether the stencil they place on the body will be exactly what you get. I know it sounds nuts. But I've seen a lot of crap hello kitty heads that look drawn on sort of 'fake'. At the same time I don't want to piss the artist off asking about placement and stuff. Argh!

I've already bought the nappy cream. I am totally shitting myself though!! By the way, this is my first post here, but I've been a lurker for a while. Hazel I see you give wonderful advice - and sound lovely too. Do you have any suggestions about placement decisions?

Billie
    First of all, it's not naff, it's your idea and your tattoo so sod what anyone else may think of it! It's something you have a long term interest in and you have obviously given it some thought.

As for placement, that's a very personal thing, yes the lower stomach may change (especially regarding pregnancy but I don't know your gender or if you plan kids), lower back is nice but if you'd like to see it easily then ankle is a good idea and you can show it off when you like with skirts/shorts/capri pants etc

As for "what you get" then looking at the artists portfolio will give you an idea. Have they done the style/kind of work that you're asking for? Have you seen the design or will it be on the day? Have you sent examples of the styles you like to let them know what it is you want.

A good artist won't be pissed off if you ask questions, if they are then it's time to choose another one.

Do you have a link to their portfolio hun?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    First of all, it's not naff, it's your idea and your tattoo so sod what anyone else may think of it! It's something you have a long term interest in and you have obviously given it some thought.

As for placement, that's a very personal thing, yes the lower stomach may change (especially regarding pregnancy but I don't know your gender or if you plan kids), lower back is nice but if you'd like to see it easily then ankle is a good idea and you can show it off when you like with skirts/shorts/capri pants etc

As for "what you get" then looking at the artists portfolio will give you an idea. Have they done the style/kind of work that you're asking for? Have you seen the design or will it be on the day? Have you sent examples of the styles you like to let them know what it is you want.

A good artist won't be pissed off if you ask questions, if they are then it's time to choose another one.

Do you have a link to their portfolio hun?
    Hello! so sorry for the late reply. I had a job interview on monday, it was super stressful. And I still don't know the outcome. Anyway. I'm here now.

Artist is at Manchester Ink, nathan boon but I can't post a link as I'm new to the board.

Apparently I just have to take the designs in and they have a computer that will bring out the stencil perfectly

I am female. It is very unlikely I will have kids to be honest though. I was going to go for kanji on my back and the kitty on my ankle. I might just get one or the other tomorrow though because I am shitting myself. I'll look out the images I have and see if I have the brains to get them to appear on here....

did you get it done?

Hazel, I don't think I can attach images either :( - I have to post a certain number of times, apparently.
    Last edited by Boo; 05-25-2016 at 08:38 PM. Reason: merged posts

Oh yeah, Nathan is pretty good at cartoony stuff.

As I said, placement is a really personal thing, it's your body

Yeah you need 10 posts to post links/images. Not hard to do on here, just go in the general forum
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Yay! Hope it goes really well for you, who is tattooing you?
    Hazel, is it normal for a tat to itch after only 3 days? It's not peeling or anything. Just itches.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by teb1976 View Post
    Hazel, is it normal for a tat to itch after only 3 days? It's not peeling or anything. Just itches.
    Yup. Also, I'm going to combine a few of your threads as they're all about the same tattoo so they're not scattered all over the place and you have to make repeat posts on them.

Thank u!
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Oh god, the itching is the worst bit! It goes away after a few days though. I had to resist the urge to scratch so I just slapped the tattoo instead!

Congrats on finally pulling the trigger on your tattoo!!

As far as pain goes it's kind of like a prolonged cat scratch. If you are going to be getting a large piece it can be helpful to bring headphones so you can listen to music and kind of get out of your head for a while- distract from the pain!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12