Thread: Question about dry skin around my nostril piercing

Question Question about dry skin around my nostril piercing

Hi everyone. I was wondering if dry skin around a healing piercing is normal. I had the bump and have been using chamomile tea compresses twice a day for about 5 minutes for each application. The area sometimes burns (not because I've scalded it). When I get out of the shower, the skin seems so dry and flaky. Is that normal? Or is that because the tea is trying to break down the scar tissue bump that was there. It doesn't hurt or sting and it isn't red or irritated. It just looks dry until my skin oils start to take over. Anything I should be concerned about?
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Current: 2 standard lobes, R nostril (I'm just getting started).
    Tattoos: Left forearm, Right outer bicep, Left outer bicep
    Future: more, more, more.

Totally normal.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Totally normal.
    Okay, good. It is so freakin' uncomfortable and I'm not totally healed, so I don't want to put moisturizer on it just yet. The Emu Oil just irritates it.

My piercer said as soon as I'm healed he is putting 18kt gold in. I don't know why that matters because I have titanium in now, but it is Neometal, so I cannot remove it without help. That's fine with me though. The post is a little long though now that the swelling is gone and the bump as all but disappeared.

Hazel, when did you start putting make up on after you got pierced?
    Last edited by teb1976; 05-20-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

There's no need for your piercer to do that but whatever, guess it's a nice bit of extra money for them

I rarely wear makeup but probably not long after, just avoid the area.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    There's no need for your piercer to do that but whatever, guess it's a nice bit of extra money for them

I rarely wear makeup but probably not long after, just avoid the area.
    Thanks hun. I appreciate it.
    Hi, I'm Tracy

Hey there, I've had my nostril pierced for about 4 years and mine still occasionally gets a bit dry! Totally normal, you could always put a bit of moisturiser there if it's bothering you

Quote Originally Posted by ellesmart0506 View Post
    Hey there, I've had my nostril pierced for about 4 years and mine still occasionally gets a bit dry! Totally normal, you could always put a bit of moisturiser there if it's bothering you
    Thanks so much. I saw piercer yesterday and he said he uses Vitamin E oil when his gets dry. Once it's completely healed I'll just use regular moisturizer. I appreciate the info, ellesmart
    Hi, I'm Tracy

I still get dry after a few years periodically, especially if I make it angry and have to do some regular SSS for a bit.

When that happens, I have applied regular eucerin with a q-tip in the vicinity but not on the piercing, and did that during the day so it wasn't rubbing into the hole at night.

I wore make up right away, but left a 1/2-1in area around the piercing. It looked a little funny so I said forget it, and just used oil blotting sheets for my nose, makeup on rest of face.
    Current: 4 lobes(standard), industrial(R), triple helix(L), nostril(R), septum, eyebrow(L)

Retired: Nipples, 10mm first lobe set, 6mm second lobe set

Want: VCH, daith, monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketara View Post
    I still get dry after a few years periodically, especially if I make it angry and have to do some regular SSS for a bit.

When that happens, I have applied regular eucerin with a q-tip in the vicinity but not on the piercing, and did that during the day so it wasn't rubbing into the hole at night.

I wore make up right away, but left a 1/2-1in area around the piercing. It looked a little funny so I said forget it, and just used oil blotting sheets for my nose, makeup on rest of face.
    Thank you Ketara for commenting. Today I noticed that the scar tissues seems to be peeling off. I think the new skin is finally here.
    Hi, I'm Tracy