Thread: Tongue piercing possibly migrating?

Question Tongue piercing possibly migrating?

I had my tongue pierced about a month ago, and the piercer did it at a bit of an angle because of my frenulum. I downsized the barbell for the second time yesterday and noticed that it may be moving slightly towards the front of my tongue. The last barbell I had in was pretty long, so I thought it was just nesting, but now I'm not so sure and a little concerned. The bottom doesn't seem to have moved at all from the spot it was pierced, so I don't know if the top could be moving to try to be more vertical? It doesn't hurt at all, and the hole isn't enlarged or anything, but I don't know whether I should be concerned at all because I've never had a piercing migrate before.
    This is what it looks like today.
    Current Mods:
    Lobes (2x)
    Left helix
    Septum
    Tongue
    Back of neck and left rib tattoos

Future Mods:
    Sternum tattoo
    Right thigh tattoo
    Nipples(?)

tumblr|instagram|youtube

In my opinion (which is not that reliable since I'm fairly new LOL) it looks fine to me. Like, the jewelry does seem to be quite angled, but on the upper hole, all I see is nesting. My nesting is also huge, and it's pretty common to tongue piercings. Sometimes when it's sitting in your mouth, maybe it angles in a way that makes the nesting happen a bit more on the back of the piercing instead of all around it!

However, just to be 100% sure, I would go to the piercer to have it checked!

I'm attaching pics of mine for you to see how big of a nesting I have, which actually made me worried when it started happening LOL

http://puu.sh/oLzXQ/6a6327a623.jpg
    http://puu.sh/oLA2n/1c7585ed01.jpg
    http://puu.sh/oLA2G/2cdd62b0ab.jpg

What gauge were you pierced at? It does kinda like like it's traveled from the photo, but the photos aren't very clear so I'm not saying for definite (and I'm no expert!), so it could be similar to sonatine's photo (which is nesting). Nesting happens if the swelling causes the ball to dent your tongue, if your barbell is too short and also can be caused by dehydration (but nesting is nothing to worry about in most cases, as it's pretty normal):

http://safepiercing.tumblr.com/post/...ng-to-leave-an

I can't imagine it doing it with the barbell being too long though. If you're worried I'd definitely see a reputable piercer in your area to assess it and ease your worries. Worst case you take it out and let it heal and get it re-pierced (sooner the better for less scar tissue).
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Honestly, cannot tell from those photos, go see your piercer who can assess you in person. Small amounts of migration are possible as sometimes a tongue piercing will want to settle in a slightly different place with it being a high movement area/muscle etc.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<