Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheek Piercings!

Default Cheek Piercings!

Hey guys, I had my cheeks pierced on monday and I'm sooo ridiculously inlove with them! I've been wanting them for the past 6 years and I finally managed to pluck up the courage and get them.

I have one question though, I posted a photo of them on my Facebook and a couple of my Facebook friends who work in tattoo/piercing shops told me that PTFE is the absolute worst for healing cheek piercings and I should get them changed ASAP. I can't find anything on the internet about this, and I've been reading Jordans cheek piercing diary- hers were PTFE and no one mentioned anything about it.

The piercer took a lighter to the PTFE bars and melted them so it sits as an L shape on the inside of my cheeks (then autoclaved them). He said that's what works best in his experience but everyone is telling me it's super dodgy? I personally think it's comfortable, and the only issue I have with them is that the bars are so long they go in and I sometimes bite them as I eat, but I think when they're shortened it'll be super comfy.

Should I be worried or not? I was told to come back in a few days to have them trimmed, but I had no swelling up until today (I must've knocked them in my sleep as I had some dried blood around the piercing when I woke up). I was going to go in tomorrow for them to be trimmed down but I don't know if I should leave it a little bit longer. The long bars make it hard to eat, but I don't want to suddenly swell anymore and then have them be too tight.

Last edited by MiaRoseLilith; 05-01-2016 at 09:50 PM.

PTFE is fine, melting/bending, not so much, don't downsize too early, they will flare up/down for an extremely long time to come.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Congratulations on the new piercing I was also looking for someone who could do it for me but in my country unfortunately must reputable piercers don't do it anymore due to issues cheek piercings usually give :(

When I asked my piercer about ptfe she had also told me is not a good idea because it tends to be less hygienic but idk if that makes much sense. Personally I think that if you are doing well with it and your piercer knows what they are doing, I don't think there's an issue?

Not to mention when you start off with titanium bars you can't trim it as your cheeks get less swollen. And I have seen people say that after the swelling was over and downsized the bar, it became swollen again which is an issue as is no good to keep changing jewelry while it's healing.

Wouldnt you be up to write a diary about how your piercing goes?? I would be very much interested since I still very much want this piercing xD

I could write a diary I guess
    I think maybe I'll ask him to trim them down a little bit, just so it makes it easier to eat, but so there's still enough to accommodate swelling.
    I've been babying them SO much, I've been using mouth wash whenever I eat, and spray the outside with easypiercing spray (I LOVE this product, it's a miracle for me) along with the twice daily sea salt soaks.

I'm usually unsure to give advices since I'm kinda new to all this, but make sure not to overclean it as it might get it irritated!

It's day 5 and I'm glad I was too lazy to have them trimmed as now they're started to swell, they're bruised but I think they're doing well... accidentally ripped a blood crustie off which has made it bleed out, but this is the first time it's bled since I had them pierced.

Last edited by MiaRoseLilith; 05-01-2016 at 09:50 PM.

I'd love a picture of the inside, I'm having a hard time picturing this melting business!
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Mia are you planning on turning this into a diary? If so, I can move it to the diary/experiences section. Just let me know
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I honestly wouldn't recommend trimming anything, as you'll just create a sharp edge at the end of the jewellery. I know titanium can't be trimmed, but it's the safest material to use if it's high polish implant grade, and cheek piercings are the most finicky piercings, and using a lighter to bend the material also sounds really bad to me as you want a smooth finish, melting will cause an uneven surface. I'd much rather deal with lots of small downsizing of titanium than having the piercings constantly irritated by a material that's unsafe with an uneven surface (which can cause bacteria to collect in). However you may be fine, not trying to put a downer on your new piercings. See how you go.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Trimming PTFE then adding the ball is fine, no sharp edge is exposed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast