Thread: Septum healing time

Default Septum healing time

I'm curious what everyone's personal healing times were for their septum piercings. I've seen people say 4-6 weeks and some say 6-8 months.

It's gonna be somewhere between the 2 really. Initial healing is around 3 months, some feel it's healed earlier some longer. Id say past 6 months is long but not unheard of.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I had mine done at the end of February and it's felt fully healed for a while now. A lot quicker than I thought considering the initial pain!
    Current:
    8mm lobe, 1.2mm lobes x4, helix x3, rook x3, inverse navel, tragus, anti-tragus, conch, diagonal nipples x2, septum, double nostrils.

Retired: Forward helix x2, helix, standard navel, Madison MD x3

[ Split me wide open, and cut me in two
    There's nothing that I could ever hide from you ]

*Becca

4-6 weeks is not really fully healed. Just remember that wound heal outside in, so while it may seem healed it may need longer for the inner part to be completely healed. It's not a long healing piercing though (of course times vary person-to-person). 3-6 months on average.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by l0stf0rw0rds View Post
    I had mine done at the end of February and it's felt fully healed for a while now. A lot quicker than I thought considering the initial pain!
    Mine was the same, it felt healed really fast! Such a trouble-free piercing for me ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd say four months. That's when, for me, the pain/tenderness was basically gone. 6-8 months sounds wrong to me. That's more likely for cartilage piercings and your septum technically *shouldn't* go through cartilage. I've never heard 4-6 weeks. that's way too soon.

My piercer said healing time is 6-8 weeks. That is on the short side, but I can believe it. I've only had mine done for 2 weeks and it's healing really fast. My nose is still a little sore when you press on the tip of it, but the jewelry feels great and it isn't crusting much at all. Super easy piercing!

If it's pierced correctly it would take 6-8 weeks for you to be able to change the jewelry but the inside of the piercing (forgot what its called lol) will take about 4-5 months to fully heal

A good indication my piercer was bad--he said I could change the jewelry in 20 days.