Thread: Is my navel piercing rejecting or healing? (Pics)

Question Is my navel piercing rejecting or healing? (Pics)

So I had my belly button pierced on the 24th of March. I've been cleaning is twice a day with sea salt water soaks, and I'm definitely not the type to pick or play with the ring, I leave it alone. As you can see, it appears to be crusting up at both holes. It also sometimes oozes a little bit of white liquid and then that also crusts up. It doesn't hurt, and it's been this way for about a week I would say.

And here is what it looks like after I clean it.

How much to salt to how much water are you using?
    Do you rinse with plain water after?
    Are you using anything else on it?
    What's the bar made from?

It certainly looks like it could have been done deeper, but it's hard to say/tell from a photo.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    How much to salt to how much water are you using?
    Do you rinse with plain water after?
    Are you using anything else on it?
    What's the bar made from?

It certainly looks like it could have been done deeper, but it's hard to say/tell from a photo.

At first I realized I was using too much salt in my salt soaks, so now I do 1/4 of a tsp in my water. And I don't rise off after the soak, I just pat dry with a paper towel after the soak. I don't use anything else on it, and I'm not entirely sure what the bar is made of but I think it's surgical steel.

I'm wondering if I should go to a reputable piercer and have them check it out, or if it will just heal on its own whatever it seems to be doing

There seems to be quite a big difference between the before and after cleaning pics. When I just rinse mine in the shower, I find a lot of the dry skin stays on for some time, where all of yours seems to have been removed. Are you removing it with a q-tip or anything? Or is it actually just coming away after a soak?
    It doesn't look very happy :(
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
    At first I realized I was using too much salt in my salt soaks, so now I do 1/4 of a tsp in my water. And I don't rise off after the soak, I just pat dry with a paper towel after the soak. I don't use anything else on it, and I'm not entirely sure what the bar is made of but I think it's surgical steel.
    Ditch the sea salt, rinse over in the shower. See another piercer, ask them about placement and if they're happy then switch to an implant grade, high-quality titanium barbell.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The sea salt might be drying it out and making it red and irritated, if you use sea salt make sure it's the 1:4 ratio and rinse it with water after so none of that sss is on your skin

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marnster95 View Post
    The sea salt might be drying it out and making it red and irritated, if you use sea salt make sure it's the 1:4 ratio and rinse it with water after so none of that sss is on your skin
    ..I really hope you don't mean 1 part salt to 4 parts water?
    Saine should be 1/2 tsp of sea salt to 250 ml of boiled water, or 1:100 in ratios.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I have the same issue I was wondering whether the OP's piercing condition has improved or not I wanted to make a new post to discuss about it but it says I need 5 post counts something and I have 0

Looks like it might be rejecting the type of metal or you're using too much salt to clean!