Thread: Is my Labret normal?

Default Is my Labret normal?

It's been about a month since I got my labret done and it is all going fine no infection, pain or swelling but on the outside it is still red around the hole. After I got it was red and the skin around it was raised but, now it had gotten better and the skin is no longer raised but, it is still red. Also it has gotten a bit since I have downsized the jewellery 2 weeks ago.

Would the redness go away while it is still in the healing process or it is an allergic reaction to the metal?
    Are there any treatments I can do at home to cure the redness? \

Are you able to post a photo? Could be useful to see how it's looking.

It could be an allergic reaction, do you know what's in there currently? If it's titanium you should be okay to look for another cause.

I experienced this with mine too; Mine was due to the post being too long (which was needed initially for my insane swelling) - Whenever I talked it was irritating the exit hole at the front cause it moved in &out a lot, so once I got the labret downsized that helped a ton.
    I also think it was due to the skin drying out.
    I moisturise my face daily, so when I was healing it I had to avoid the area around the piercing. Again, once healed I could use moisturiser again, so that and a combination of better fitting jewllery seemed to fix it.

I can't emphasis enough how important correct material and fitting jewellery is when healing piercings! If you haven't gone for a downsize yet I'd definitely recommend that if the swellings gone
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 04-05-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I think the stud is made out of stainless steel and I have downsized but when I went to the piercer who did it he said that it's fine and that it'll go away but, went I went to someone else then they said that this was not normal. That's when I got a little confessed.

I will change it to titanium if the redness is still there and thank you for the advice