Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nose (nostril) piercing questions

I blow my nose normally...I've done it with a labret and with a hoop. Neither one gave me any issue.

OP: I highly suggest getting pierced with a labret and not a nostril screw because a labret makes it almost impossible to lose your jewelry, they don't stick down and look like boogers in your nose, and they're super comfortable!

I agree with all that's been said. You just get used to having the nose piercing there after a short while and find your way to blow your nose, wash your face, apply makeup etc.

L shape studs are rubbish imo. I always used to have them fall out in bed and then panic that my nose piercing had healed. The u shaped ones are the ones I have preferred.

I'm wearing a hoop now after years of only ever wearing a stud and it was again just something to soon get used to having.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum, tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

I didn't/don't have any issues with nose blowing with the nostril, but I did get a wicked cold about a week afterwards. That wasn't particularly fun, but saline nasal irrigation was helpful for both the irritation from that and loosening congestion. Colds once it was healed, it's like nothing.
    Current: 4 lobes(standard), industrial(R), triple helix(L), nostril(R), septum, eyebrow(L)

Retired: Nipples, 10mm first lobe set, 6mm second lobe set

Want: VCH, daith, monroe.

I got my nose pierced when I was 12 and the actually piercing was super easy. The only pain (its not really pain its more of a soreness) came after. Blowing your nose shouldn't be too much of an issue you may feel sore or depending on your pain tolerance and sharp pain from the sudden movement but itll go away. Don't put any pressure on your nose though. What I found that helped was pressing down on the other not peirced nostral to close it and to breath out of the pierced notsral if you need to blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I can blow my nose fine...
    same! and I am very allergic this time of year! If I have an L shaped stud in, I can feel it move or will take it out, blow and put it back in. The nose screws don't seem to move if I blow it

only slightly gross thing is sometimes snot can go through the piercing hole. First time it happened I thought it was infected, then realised actually it was because I had a cold when the amount of snot seemed to vary on my allergies and cold.

to OP - my nose healed very quickly, best and easiest piercing I have had. I did knock it a few times, and it did come up in a bump when I was on holiday in spain(?!) but the heat seemed to dry the bump out and it disappeared in 2/3 days of sitting in the sun.

I had to change my piercing after about 2 months to clear bio-plastic for school, which was earlier than I'd wanted, but found it was easy to change and had pretty much healed at that point. It can get a bit irritated if I am taking and putting in screws and messing around with it, but once it has been changed and depending on what you are putting in it's very settled otherwise and has healed really well.
    Only thing I do find is once I've changed my nose screws I will spend a good 5-10 minutes sneezing! It's only nose screws, not studs or rings that seem to do this
    have:
    2x forward helix (right)
    1x rook (right)
    2x lobes (right & left)
    navel
    nose (right)

want:
    conch (right)
    upper conch (right)
    snug (right)
    vertical industrial (right)
    third lobes (right & left)

I am thinking of getting a nose ring which nostril do you normally go for or does it not matter

Quote Originally Posted by marky75 View Post
    I am thinking of getting a nose ring which nostril do you normally go for or does it not matter
    Mine is in my left but it absolutely doesn't matter at all.

Good luck with it
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum, tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh

Quote Originally Posted by marky75 View Post
    Of course it doesn't matter!

Go for the one you want, or both
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I had my left nostril pierced in July 2015 at HTT by Justin. Have to say it was the most painful of all my piercings including dermals (retired), septum, tragus, labret. And took the longest to heal with a nostril screw (about one year). I recently put a skinny nose ring in 0.9mm and it became really sore again, so replaced with a 1.2mm? Nostril screw. It feels perfect again now and looks amazing.

(I did have a bump that appeared about 6 weeks after piercing and took about 6 months to disappear). Recently, well last Sat had the right side done but had it removed two days after as it was slightly lower than the left. Waiting to get it redone (sad face!)

I did put a ring in about 8 months in, 9mm open nose ring 1.2mm which was comfy but not keen on the way it kind of sticks out which is why I tried the skinny ring but this made it sore after about two weeks of wearing it for some reason? (I did kind of squeeze it closed so it wasn't as rounded looking, more oval shaped, maybe that's why)
    Last edited by GraffitiBee; 09-24-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GraffitiBee View Post
    I had my left nostril pierced in July 2015 at HTT by Justin. Have to say it was the most painful of all my piercings including dermals (retired), septum, tragus, labret. And took the longest to heal with a nostril screw (about one year). I recently put a skinny nose ring in 0.9mm and it became really sore again, so replaced with a 1.2mm? Nostril screw. It feels perfect again now and looks amazing.
    Nostrils are painful for me too! What was the ring made out of? If it was cheap material, that would likely be the cause of your pain. You would have been pierced at 1mm.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast