Thread: Can you clean piercings with alcohol free mouthwash?

Default Can you clean piercings with alcohol free mouthwash?

i watched a video on Youtube where this girl said she cleaned her industrial with Alcohol free mouth wash. I know that for tongue piercings it is ok to use this but, what about for piercings like septum, cartilage or outside of lip? Would cause irritation even if it is alcohol free?

Just to let you know I m currently cleaning with sea salt solution but, I'm just curious.

Wtf? (At her not you!) Erm, no. Rinse it in the shower or spray with saline.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

NO!
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Youtube is the worst place for piercing advice. Very anecdotal and then you get stuff like this. You don't even need to clean oral piercings with alcohol free mouth wash after every meal (just water) and can even use saline to rinse your mouth. I'd only ever recommend using the mouthwash at the times you brush your teeth (so twice a day) since otherwise you're over cleaning the area.

But yeah, for any other piercing that's just crazy! The only reason it's needed for oral piercings is because they're in a place where lots of bacteria collects and you eat. Other piercings aren't in contact with that much.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel