Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septum and daith! (2nd time lucky)

Default Septum and daith! (2nd time lucky)

So yesterday I went to Factotum in Norwich to get my daith and septum repierced after having it done at a place in Cambridge that did a rather poor job. Olly was slightly horrified at the placement to of my first daith and how shallow it was and said my septum was really lopsided, about 2.5mm lower on one side. Sigh.

So so anyway I got there and illy was super nice, he had me fill out the usual form while we waited until the receptionist came back and then he went upstairs to set everything up. Everything was super clean, like, just spotless and he walked me through everything even though I kind of new what to expect. He asked me about what I wanted in each piercing and I got to choose a lovely little opal bcr for my daith and just a standard circular barbell with 3mm balls so I can tuck it up easily for my septum. He cleaned my nose and had a really good feel around with lots of poking and squishing which was a little funny as one of the pieces of cartilige in my nose kept clicking but that didn't seem to be an issue for the piercing. He got me to lie down with my head just hanging off the bench and then he used a recieving tube and the back of the needle to line everything up and then it was all over really quickly!

Pain rating for me: 3/10

i asked for the daith to be done second because last time it was ridiculously painful so I needed to psyche myself up for it abit more but honestly it was fine, just a bit crunchy (but that could have been the noise from his gloves). It went just the same as the septum: he had a good look around, gave it a clean and then explained that he was going to do it freehand and not mark it as it's such a little and awkward place that there's not much point so off he went and I had a properly pierced daith! Wahooo!!!

pain rating for me: 6/10 (definitely one of the more painful ones but it was over so quickly it wasn't too bothersome)

Aftercare: Olly said to leave the septum alone as its technically a Piercing that's inside the body which means the nose has its own fluids and mucus there to keep it clean, so if you then clean that away there's nothing there protecting and cleaning it so best to leave alone. (I was a bit naughty though and just cleaned the little bit of blood off before I went to bed because I just couldnt leave it there! But I will be leaving from now on!) The daith is the same with any other piercing just SSS and leave it be.

Time for photos! These were taken yesterday night after I got back from my grandads 80th birthday

The daith is sticking out a lot at the moment but hopefully that will all go down and it will sit in there nicely! I'm going to need to get a smaller ball for my conch (even though they don't touch when the daith sits flat) I just don't want them too close together. I may even consider retiring the conch and having repiercing further down, but we'll see how it goes.

DAY ONE (piercing day)
    the pain for the rest of the day wasn't bad at all. I could feel the daith but it didn't hurt (just ached when I was eating) and the septum was a little stingy for a few hours but it was fine after that. I took my makeup off very carefully when I went to bed as my nose was tender to touch. Sleeping was fine though, there was one time in the night when I woke up and went to roll over onto the daith side but I somehow managed to stop myself!

Guys, I honestly can't speak highly enough of Olly. He was so lovely and had a quietly confident attitude that made me feel so at ease. My faith in piercers has been restored! I took me just under 2 hours driving to get there but it was so worth it and I will be going again during the summer to have my rook pierced on the other ear (he thinks we can just squeeze a little one in) and possible a microdermal for my nape too. I can't wait!
    Last edited by Carrielouise; 03-20-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

Ahhh these look so much better! I'm glad you got them redone. Happy healing!
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Ahhh these look so much better! I'm glad you got them redone. Happy healing!
    Thank you!! I feel so much happier about them now!

DAY 2
    No drama today really. I can feel the daith but it doesn't hurt and the septum is much the same but it feels tickly which is weird! It looks a little uneven to me, with more of a gap on one side than the other. I'm hoping it's just a combination of swelling, a wonky nose and a bit of paranoia after the last time. I've decided to heal it down and only flip it up for work seeing as I work part time which only works it to 4 days a month... My family have been pretty cool about it actually. I prepared mum for it but didn't say anything to dad but he seemed to get over it pretty quickly.

So good so far!

Septum, Tongue

Glad you got them sorted in the end ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

they both look gorgeous!

Gorgeous!
    The jewelry too
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Thank you all!!

DAY 4
    Not a whole lot to report really. Daith and upper ear area is a little sore today after rolling on it a few times last night (oops) but it's to be expected. Septum is a dream however. No pain whatsoever normally, only a small achey feeling when taking my makeup off as it got moved around abit. Still getting the tickly sensations too, has anyone else had this? Surprisingly I seem to have missed out on the septum cold though I do sniff every now and then but I think that's more to do with having something foreign in my nose!

I still ill think it's a bit wonky, but I think my nose is uneven too which exaggerates it but really I'm just being picky. It also sits back at a slight angle too and rests on the bottom of my septum which is a little irritating. I'm really interested to see what it's like with a larger seamless ring in but I will be good and wait until it's healed . I'll post some more photos in a couple of days to give any left over swelling a chance to go down to make a better judgement about the septums position. Daithy however is still sticking out good and strong. Sigh.

Septum, Tongue

They look awesome

My daith didn't go flat for a couple of weeks, but now it lies perfectly flat. It was at 90 degrees to my head.
    2g lobes, 18g forward helix (L), 14g Conch (L), 16g Double helix (L) 14g Daith (R), and 18g right nostril. 16g Septum.
    2 hours of ink.
    Retired: Gunned 20g lobes many years ago, 16g Tragus, 18g third (L), 18g Forward helix (bottom of double)(L) 14g Philtrum x 2, 18g second (L).

Quote Originally Posted by Sassi View Post
    They look awesome

My daith didn't go flat for a couple of weeks, but now it lies perfectly flat. It was at 90 degrees to my head.
    Sassi I read your diary like it was a bible! Haha! Your experience calms my nerves ☺️

Septum, Tongue

DAY 7/8?

So it's been a week since I had both these guys pierced. Daith is a little flatter but not by much. It's Relatively painless and I can lay on that side (though I'm trying very hard not to). My septum hurts a little when faffing about with my makeup and face in general but otherwise it's fine. I've irritated it a bit today though by having it flipped up for work. It was abit annoying in my nose and gave me the sensation of needing to sneeze for most of the day but was better when I pushed it right up high. I am worried that it's not right though. When looking in the mirror I can see that the ring leans back and the upper part touches the front of my nostrils if I try to just nudge it forward. I'm really worried it's not right again :( okay, prepare yourselves for some rather unflattering photos...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/alpsaempfc...30742.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2vx3cr619...30720.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfiht8fzaz...30719.JPG?dl=0
    Last edited by Carrielouise; 03-26-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Septum, Tongue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast