Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Septum and daith! (2nd time lucky)

Mmm well the upper part is meant to be far forward. High and tight they call it, like this. Not sure why it leans back, could be swelling causing it. It's possibly because you've flipped it up and down recently that it's caused it to do this, but I can't say for 100%.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

A larger diameter ring would fix that.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Roz - it's been like this from day one and there's been no change. I've only flipped it up twice for work and it's pretty happy otherwise! Thanks for the photo though!

Hazel - thanks! I've emailed Olly and he said this too. I have to say I pretty gutted because I really like this size for my face and I don't want to really wear anything larger as I don't want it to overpower my face, I really like the more snug fit Do you think a smaller gauge would help too? Try a 10mm 1.2 cbb? I won't change anything now, it's feeling pretty happy healing wise so I don't want to upset that!

Day 19

sorry for the lack of updates but there really isn't much to report on at the moment. Both piercings are happy chappies appart from this business with the jewellery in my septum leaning back. I've been a bit naughty and fiddled with my daith a couple of times today and I need to keep reminding myself that it won't stay happy if I keep touching it! It's still very early days though and I fully expect the bump at some point! Daith is still sticking out a bit too but I'm not worried

edit: well I just jinxed it. Caught my septum as I was taking off my jumper. Cue awful stinging everytime I move my nose. Sigh. I knew it was too good to be true!
    Last edited by Carrielouise; 04-08-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

Mine is like yours, I put in a circular ring and it looks fine. It looks really nice (to me) which size is ur piercing??!
    Shan

My piercing sits like yours (septum ) I sometimes put a circular ring ; it looks OK but , it still sits like that (the angle) I love it and don't wanna get RE done. The piercing suits u , I really like it. I hope u figure out a solution.
    Shan

Quote Originally Posted by Sh4n83 View Post
    My piercing sits like yours (septum ) I sometimes put a circular ring ; it looks OK but , it still sits like that (the angle) I love it and don't wanna get RE done. The piercing suits u , I really like it. I hope u figure out a solution.
    Hey my septum is a 1.6mm x 10mm circular bar bell. Thanks, me too!!!

Update:

Went to see Olly on Thursday however he wasn't in and neither was the other piercer. I was pretty gutted as it had taken me 2 hours to get there :( Anyway I went to a place called rude boy tattoo studio to see if I could get another opinion as I didn't want to waste the trip to Norwich. The guy in there was really rude and told me 'you already know what's wrong with it so what do you want me to do?' Would not recommend them. Septum has calmed down a lot since catching it so I was a bit naughty and changed it to a 12mm continuous ring to see if that helped. Well, it didn't :( it still leant backwards and just looked huge in my face. It's okay as a statement but I couldn't wear it everyday. Was I abit too eager? Should I have left it in longer to see if it would have settled? The horseshoe is back in for now anyway and I'll be making another trip into Norwich in the next couple of weeks to see Olly in person and potentially see about a repierced because I'm just not happy with it.

Heres a a picture of the 12mm ring in case anyone is interested.

Septum, Tongue

What size was the septum jewellery you were pierced with? It seems 12mm is definitely too big, so perhaps a 9mm or 10mm ring? Hopefully when you see Olly again you can get it sorted. Best advice it to call ahead or ask when they will be in so you don't travel and have disappointment if they're not in.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Gorgeous! I hope everything is healing up nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    What size was the septum jewellery you were pierced with? It seems 12mm is definitely too big, so perhaps a 9mm or 10mm ring? Hopefully when you see Olly again you can get it sorted. Best advice it to call ahead or ask when they will be in so you don't travel and have disappointment if they're not in.
    I was pierced with a 1.6mm x 10mm circular barbell. I will definitely call ahead from now on!!
    Day 85

wow its its been a while! Super sorry this diary has been abit neglected but not much has happened really.
    Ive since been back to Olly and he had a real good look and said that there was absolutely nothing in the way of the jewellery to make it lean backwards and said that it could just be the way my nose wants it to sit. At the time my septum was still a little irritated as I had caught it on a jumper not too long before I saw him so he suggested that I wait for that to settle down and then go back to see him as he said that we could stretch it up and then downsize and push the jewellery back a little to see if that would fix anything. I'm probably not going to mess around with it anymore now as it seems fairly settled and you don't really notice it. It's sits straight and the leaning back is not really a big deal and I definitely don't want it repierced only to go through the healing process again. I have changed the jewellery a couple of times and found that it's not a fan on surgical steel. Maybe just because it's still quite new? I have SS in all my other piercings and they don't seem to mind it so I'm putting it down to age. I also bought some cheap hinged segment rings just to get an idea on sizes for myself. 8mm is a snug fit, 10mm gives a nice amount of room but I think 9mm would be perfect for me. I have a purple 10mm titanium bcr in at the moment and it fits wonderfully as the ball has just enough space under my nose! So comfy!

Heres a couple of the septum.

my daith on the other hand is a little more unhappy. Two lovely bumps have appeared which I left alone for the longest while but nothing seems to be changing with them so from now on I will be trying camomile compresses once a day to see if that helps. They're not painful, they're just there. Other than that it's totally fine and I can sleep on it comfortably (though that's probably what's causing the bumps 0 )

Heres a photo, lumps and all!

Septum, Tongue

Looking good! Hope the bumps settle soon. As for the steel, you can be sensitive/allergic in different parts of the body. It's not uncommon for people to have a reaction in more sensitive or membrane areas.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12