Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daith?

Default Daith?

What would be the most suitable jewelry to be used for this piercing when healing? A CBR or barbell (straight or curved)?

How has been the healing experience for you?
    Current:
    Right - 3 x Lobe, Rook
    Left - 1 x Lobe, Daith

Retired:
    1 x R. Tragus

Want:

Conch
    Lower lip
    Right Eyebrow
    Septum

This might be my next piercing at the end of the year after my latest has hopefully healed up, so been doing a bit of research and think I will be getting mine done with a Barbell. Whether it's straight or curved will probably be anatomy dependent, so check with your peircer.
    Ideally I can have a straight one as I'd like to wear clickers in it when it's healed and figured this would make that more pleasant when switching over

There are a few good diaries on here worth reading!

You'll see that some people can heal fine with BCR's, others have experienced bumps as the rings can move much more, so irritate the piercing so switch over to barbells for it to settle down. This is why I'd like to start off with a barbell, to eliminate as much chance of irritation as possible. Just make sure there's enough room for some swelling, I've seen a few Daiths done with really tight fitting barbells that's a bit concerning :p
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 03-16-2016 at 08:14 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I got mine done almost 6 weeks ago with a curved titanium barbel. So far its a pain in the ass regards to healing as its got a bump on the exit :( but im sticking to my salt soaks and add a chamomile tea bag to my morning one. Read Hazel's diary its really good. I think its all about patience. Good luck

Never heard of a straight barbell used. I would think the curve of a curved barbell would heal fine for putting clickers in, since the curve isn't as extreme as with a CBR. I do want to wear clickers in mine at some point, but I wanted a CBR because I wanted a nice piece of visible jewellery (and I also just don't like the look of curved barbells in it, personally!). I had a septum done with a retainer and it just felt like I went through the process with nothing to show for it, but then it feels amazing when you can get visible jewellery in!

I'd discuss options with a reputable piercer and see what they think would be best.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Many people prefer different things. This is confusing me T_T I'll ask the piercer about it, I guess.

Hazel seemed to have quite a bumpy ride healing her daith :/ I'm hoping it would be a smooth ride, considering it is going to be tucked away like a rook and I am having a fabulous healing time with my rook. Crossing my fingers and hope not to jinx it.

Will you hop on over to the "will this suit me' thread and check out if my ear will be suitable for a daith piercing?
    Current:
    Right - 3 x Lobe, Rook
    Left - 1 x Lobe, Daith

Retired:
    1 x R. Tragus

Want:

Conch
    Lower lip
    Right Eyebrow
    Septum

You're suited for one. I honestly don't think there's a huge difference and some people get bumps with rings or bars. If you're really worried though I'd go with a bar just in case, it eliminates most movement.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Do you think switching from a curved barbell to a CBR once it's healed will be a problem - cause irritation, etc? Since a curved barbell isn't as, well, curved as a CBR.
    Current:
    Right - 3 x Lobe, Rook
    Left - 1 x Lobe, Daith

Retired:
    1 x R. Tragus

Want:

Conch
    Lower lip
    Right Eyebrow
    Septum

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    Do you think switching from a curved barbell to a CBR once it's healed will be a problem - cause irritation, etc? Since a curved barbell isn't as, well, curved as a CBR.
    It may ache for a while. I've had all sorts in mine from straight to a ring and all inbetween.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It may ache for a while. I've had all sorts in mine from straight to a ring and all inbetween.
    That's not bad then. Did you experience any difficulty with glasses the first few days after getting it done?
    When I got my rook done, I had no idea my ear would be sore for almost a week! Needless to say, I had some difficulties keeping my glasses on and had to keep removing them every few minutes or so :(
    Last edited by Aureus; 03-18-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    Current:
    Right - 3 x Lobe, Rook
    Left - 1 x Lobe, Daith

Retired:
    1 x R. Tragus

Want:

Conch
    Lower lip
    Right Eyebrow
    Septum

Quote Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
    That's not bad then. Did you experience any difficulty with glasses the first few days after getting it done?
    When I got my rook done, I had no idea my ear would be sore for almost a week! Needless to say, I had some difficulties keeping my glasses on and had to keep removing them every few minutes or so :(
    Not really no

Then again I can't get away with not having my glasses on lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast