Thread: Rook pain verses industrial pain

Lightbulb Rook pain verses industrial pain

Im thinking of getting my rook pierced ... i got my industrial and it hurt like a pinch but im doing my research and everyone is saying the rook is making ppl curse and cry cause of the pain cause its so thick.. plus the sound when the needle goes in. can anyone compare the pain of the rook and the idustrial for me >? i just want to know scale 1-10 is it the same as the industrial ???? or worse ? or a breeze ?
    PIERCINGS:
    Industrial 
    Rook
    Lobe ✨

RETIRED & REPIERCED:
    Septum (x2)
    Second lobe ✌️
    Gauges 
    Nostil 
    GOAL PIERCINGS:
    Tragus 
    Vertical Tragus
    Daith 

Snug 

Pain is different for everyone.... No one can tell you for sure. For example, I thought my conch was less painful than my helix but lots of people say a conch piercing is hell.

Go in assuming the worst and hoping for the best! The initial pain is like 1 second anyway, you'll be right.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Could hardly feel my rook and there was no crunching at all
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I've had 12 ear cartilage piercings, none made a noise, none were that painful. Just get it done, don't factor pain into it, it's a piercing, it's a split second of pain then it's done.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

If you want it the pain shouldn't matter! I got my rook done a few years ago. It was one of the more painful ones, next to my conch, but honestly was nothing more than a 4/10. It did take forever to heal though! I don't have an industrial so no comparison there, however I've had a few helix piercings, including a forward, and they hardly hurt at all. The adrenaline just takes over whenever I'm being pierced!

I have a double rook in one ear. The first rook piercing didn't really hurt nor did it crunch. My second lobe piercing hurt far more!
    Caro

Pain is subjective so I would say just go in expecting the worst and you'll realise its not that bad I have both, its a split second of pain but its totally worth it
    Current:
    Right: Tragus, Daith, Helix(2), Lobes(2)
    Left: Tragus, Conch, Rook, Industrial, Lobes (2)
    Other: Navel, Nostril, Nipples.
    Retired: MD's (2)♡

Rook piercings don't hurt that bad but they migrate a lot and that really hurts !