Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Triple forward helix done :)

Default Triple forward helix done :)

So on Friday I finally for my triple forward helix piercing done I had chosen NM cubic zirconia, pink and purple gems descending in size which was ordered in for me.

So my ear was cleaned with an alcohol wipe and then I was marked up and check I was happy with the placement, and also made a point to check the lower one matched with my single forward helix on my other ear.

The top one was done first, over very quickly needle in and jewellery very smoothly. I checked it out in the mirror, and the same pattern followed for the middle one then the bottom one, all done very quickly and barely realised she had put the jewellery in each time.

After the middle one went in she warned my she might want to change the top one to a shorter stem as it was very slightly touching the middle one (but would give me a longer one to change back in case of swelling) i think my face must have dropped a little as I really didn't want to take the stem out and put a new one in (I'm a wimp) but I was worried in case of swelling and the tiny 1.5 mm gem being eaten by my ear. As I l I also know that it is highly unlikely I would be able to change it my self. I live a 2 hour drive away in the end I decided to leave it as it was as the lesser of 2 evils. I have since realised they are touching so Im separating while cleaning and will go back in a few weeks when I'll be nearby anyway to get the to one changed to a shorter stem. Hopefully this will not be too late for them to be healing wonky. But this was my decision to leave them for now so my fault. I love how they look from the front though

Whilst there I finally got the CBR in my other forward helix changed to a NM labret. so happy!

So far my ear feels a little bruised, but thats to be expected. There is no obvious swelling as yet? And hope it stays this way so I can the shorter post put in in a few weeks. My hair has gotten caught a few times but its not too sore and I managed to wear my hat and sunglasses without any issues so all good so far.

The triple

Can just make out the touching stems

The single jewellery change

Last edited by tiggeriffic; 02-29-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Those earrings look so good! The actual piercings look like they are at all sorts of crazy angles though... I hope it doesn't cause you any problems. I don't know if a shorter bar would help, as it looks like it would need to be quite a lot shorter. Keep us updated on how they heal.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

The middle and top one are at terrible angles from what I can see. :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

the pictures were taken the following morning, and I think i had slept on that ear a little somehow. I also seem to keep catching these in my hair, much more so than with the cbr i had in my other ear, which hasnt helped. I got someone to check my ear they say they look ok, when not touching they are straight so I think its the picture making them look worse than they are. I think this is a very tricky piercing to do? the spaces they work in are tiny :/

They seem to be healing fine so far as I already cant feel them when cleaning them - cleaning hurt for ages after the last lot I had done. Like I said Ill email and go back in a few weeks when im nearby and get the piercer to check them. I like them and they look good from the front so im happy enough

It could be the pic, hard to say. They should never touch though, if they touch at the back they're not straight. Yes, it's a very hard piercing to do, and most people are actually not suited for it. Unfortunately crap piercers will pierce anyone, regardless of suitability, which is why there are so many poorly done triple forward helix piercings out there.

I hope yours heal alright, but if they are overlapping it will make them hard to heal. It might just be an aesthetic problem though - I had a wonky helix piercing that healed fine, but it always bothered me that it looked a bit off.

I'd go to a different piercer to have them looked at if I were you. No point in going to the person who made them wonky to start with because they'll just tell you they're fine. They do look good from the front, so it would be a shame to spend all that money on expensive jewellery, and have them not be perfect.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

They've been done at a poor angle, I'd complain and ask for a re-pierce of those 2 but if you're happy then I guess that's all that matters. It's your body after all!

Good luck
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Just to update. The picture made them look worse than they were, plus my head was at an angle which added to it. The top one was wonky, so after going back to the peircer today it has come out and will be re pierced when I'm ready. so Ill prob wait a few months.

When i look at it with a mirror the bottom 2 are parallel to each other and straight. The ear is less sore now the top one has come out so hopefully will go well.
    Healing seems to be going well, my ear will swell for a few days and then go down but then swells a little again. After 3 weeks I dont really expect much else as still in early stages of healing. I'm just trying to clean it in the shower and with saltwater before bed.

Glad you got that one out and can get it redone. Double forward helix piercings look pretty darn cool in the mean time anyway

Sounds like its healing normally. Mine swelled on and off for months, was a real pain... Keep us updated
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

Sorry it didn't go so well first time around for you, I'm itching to get this done but I'm worried about it going wrong. What sort of questions would be best to ask the piercer before hand? (I'm very new to piercing and only have an industrial so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Amy View Post
    Sorry it didn't go so well first time around for you, I'm itching to get this done but I'm worried about it going wrong. What sort of questions would be best to ask the piercer before hand? (I'm very new to piercing and only have an industrial so far)
    I knew which piercer I was going to so it was only really a question of jewellery and if i was suited. If your wanting to choose a piercer there is a great guide on here somewhere and a list of good piercers so check there

3 and a bit weeks on, the now double forward helix feels good, the bruised feel is easing, its not really crusting much and it is still swelling intermittently. The worst thing right now is the itching, especially where i had the top one removed - so hard not to touch it!!! But on the other hand itching is good as a sign of healing

My 8 month old helix and forward helix are acting up though, the forward helix is bruised feeling again, and the helix is crusting up merrily also :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast