Thread: Genital piercing and the law..?

Gingerbob

Default Genital piercing and the law..?

So while I've been researching getting my dydoe and frenum piercing I've contacted a few outfits with varying results. One however surprised me greatly, the guy said he loved genital piercing but due to the change in the law any female genital piercing is classed as Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), more commonly associated with female circumcision. He told me the law now states any piercing in that area is classed as FGM, even if all parties are consenting, and can carry a sentence of 17years, he therefore declined to pierce men as it is discriminatory. Has anyone else experienced this problem??

I've not experienced it as I sincerely doubt anyone is randomly going to press charges against a piercer for FGM under the guise of a genital piercing. Yes some places won't do male or female genital piercings for a whole host of reasons. Some are personal, some relate to local guidelines and yes some are scared about the FGM thing.

The whole FGM thing gets blown out of proportion, basically, it can be called FGM but there's no real or serious basis of a piercer being charged with forced FGM in it's usual and horrific state (ie young girls, women pinned down and operated on, no consent, no benefit, permanent pain/issues after etc).

However, some piercers seem to think it means they have to stop or they don't want to be associated with it anymore, that's their decision.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

If you check out the UK APP website they posted some information on their blog here (will need to scroll down to the relevant part):

http://www.ukapp.org.uk/next-uk-piercer-meet-up/

Raph from Extreme Needle is working to hopefully get the law changed. It may be unlikely that someone would press charges or even get anywhere if they did due to signing a consent form (I can't claim to know the law of course, so I might be wrong on the latter!) but I can understand why some piercers may choose not to do it out of worry for this kind of thing.

It's frustrating, but hopefully things will change and piercers can feel more comfortable again!
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    It's frustrating, but hopefully things will change and piercers can feel more comfortable again!
    I really hope so. It makes a mockery of genuine FGM as well. :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Gingerbob

Yes. I find it inconceivable that a piercer would successfully be prosecuted for piercing a consenting adult. But there you go, that was the reason I was given

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbob View Post
    Yes. I find it inconceivable that a piercer would successfully be prosecuted for piercing a consenting adult. But there you go, that was the reason I was given
    It's just a piercers personal preference, I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to get involved just as much as I don't blame others for continuing.