Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surface Tragus diary

Default Surface Tragus diary

I finally did it! Got my surface tragus!

I was hanging out with my friend, a professional piercer, at her studio today and it was super slow so she said she'd give me a basic piercing for my birthday. I had wanted a surface tragus for a while, as it's an uncommon but super cool and relatively easy piercing.

I sat down, she sterilized everything, yada yada yada...

She warned me that she did surface piercings slowly to make sure they were straight. The first half just felt weird, like a pinch coming from under my skin, but then it started to really hurt. I didn't actually swear until the needle came out the other side though which I'm proud of. She claimed the surface tragus is the worst surface piercing pain-wise, and if it is then it really wasn't that bad. This is one of a few piercings I've had which I would be willing to do again.

It didn't bleed at all, which was surprising, and after the jewelry was in it didn't hurt at all. A few hours later and it kind of throbs, especially if I yawn, but it's not bad at all.

Of course as soon as I got him I got hit with a wave of nausea, headache, fever, and sore throat, all symptoms my friend had this morning when she asked me to take her to the emergency room, so it looks like I have also fallen victim to the mardi gras bug. Great timing. Hopefully I recover quickly and my piercing behaves. Drinking all the vitamin C!

There's a photo link in the "pictures of your ears" thread. I'm on my phone now so I'll put a photo in this thread later, maybe...
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

So, that lovely bug I caught is making my life miserable. My ear canal on that side is now swollen shut. I believe is have an ear infection secondary to the nasty virus I already had going on. Wish I had gotten sick just a couple hours earlier and I wouldn't have this poor piercing caught in the middle of it. My piercer is hopeful that a round of antibiotics and lots and lots of SSS will keep my shiny firmly rooted in my head but I am miserableeeeeee

Luckily piercing isn't visibly red or swollen, so that's good. Maybe my immune system is too busy everywhere else to care about the new foreign object
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Crossing my fingers for you! This is one of my favorites =)
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

I've seen the picture TH and it looks lovely on you. I love my tragus piercings and wouldn't mind some surface ones too. Very nice.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Thanks! I really love it!

Doctor said I have the worst inner ear infection she's ever seen, so I'm on some aggressive antibiotics. Yayyy. Also have bronchitis and tonsilitis. Which means I'm also on codeine. Yayyyyyy

Piercing continues to be happy though. No pain/swelling/redness at all. This might be a boring diary after all

Boring = good for you!
    Sorry you're so damn sick :(
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Yup, it's miserable. I'm all for a boring diary!

Sorry, but it is poorly placed by a bad piercer. The jewellery is clearly too long / sticking out. I would take this out now before it imminently rejects soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    Thanks! I really love it!

Doctor said I have the worst inner ear infection she's ever seen, so I'm on some aggressive antibiotics. Yayyy. Also have bronchitis and tonsilitis. Which means I'm also on codeine. Yayyyyyy

Piercing continues to be happy though. No pain/swelling/redness at all. This might be a boring diary after all
    Sorry to hear that. Ear infections are nasty. You sound like you're in a right state. Fingers crossed TH your antibiotics kick in soon and you're on the mend. Just looking at your new piercing will help. It definitely suits you.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

I'm so sorry to hear how ill you are C. When you feel better could you post a clearer photo of the piercing? It does look odd to me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast