Thread: Fix my tattoo :(

Default Fix my tattoo :(

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138223...posted-public/
    Hi,
    So I got this tattoo around 3 months ago - loved the idea and the outline however hated the final outcome. As you can see its pretty huge and brightly coloured so laser is not really an option. The best thing I can do, I feel, is to get something done around/over it to change it in some way. On my other thigh I have a neo-traditional moth which I absolutely adore (done by Cree McCahill) and I'd like to go down that route if possible.
    I was just wondering if anyone out there had any ideas as to how to change this up!
    Current piercings-
    Industrial (L)
    Cartilage x1 (L)
    Lobe x2 (L,R)
    Navel x1
    Tongue Web
    Septum
    Nipples x2
    Nape

Wanted piercings-
    Tongue x2
    Nose x2
    Vertical Labret

If you hate absolutely everything about it then get it totally covered with something you DO like. We don't know what you like so it's better for you to consult with an artist about what you like and then what's possible.

Why is laser not an option? Even to partially remove/lessen then cover, it should be fine.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I spoke to a few artists and they don't think I'll be able to straight up cover it due to the sheer size and colours of it. After looking into laser as well it will be very doubtful that the colours I have will ever entirely go, and the size/colours it is I'm looking at thousands of pounds to get it removed. I was hoping for some inspiration or ideas before making any big decisions as I've been lost for the last 3 months
    Current piercings-
    Industrial (L)
    Cartilage x1 (L)
    Lobe x2 (L,R)
    Navel x1
    Tongue Web
    Septum
    Nipples x2
    Nape

Wanted piercings-
    Tongue x2
    Nose x2
    Vertical Labret

As tattoos are so personal it's a bit hard to inspire, however if I were you I'd speak to some more artists, some just don't like doing cover-ups (or don't know how to cover up larger tattoos).

Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

For what its worth I love your tattoo

I'm no expert but I don't see any reason it can't be covered, it's pretty light and doesn't look poorly done. You just need something bigger and darker to cover it up with. I think because cover ups are just more limiting for artists, many of them will turn you down because they're not up to the task. Talk to more artists, you'll definitely be able to find someone who can cover it eventually.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I also like it! BUT it's on your body, so if you're not satisfied you should do something. I think that even one or two laser treatments will make a difference, I remembered this experience but sadly most pictures aren't there anymore. I mean, if you're going to get it covered up, then even a little fading can help, right?
    Last edited by MidnightDreamer22; 02-03-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram